Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Route the logs to different file other than nohup.out Post 302175274 by pinky on Thursday 13th of March 2008 02:08:01 PM
Old 03-13-2008
Thanks

It worked for me

Thanks
Pinky

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture nohup log file

Hi, I am running my script using nohup, but I am not able to capture the log file for that process could naybody please help... Here is what I am doing.... nohup ./script & 1>/home/user1/log.txt but I am not able to capture the log.....Is there anyother way I can capture the log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to copy the text output from a 'nohup.out' file.

Hello, I have a nohup.out file that, when executed, outputs a spreadsheet file with four-to-seven columns of number. I want to copy this output (in its entirety), so that I could then paste it on excel@ , or Notepad@. Please help, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iamthe great
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to route error to log file in unix

Hey Every one I have a find statement which find the files and deletes them find /web/local/orderlink/batchmanaged01/scripts/SMOappLogs/log -name 'orderlink.log.*' -type f -mtime +$10-exec rm -f {} \; This statement if finds a file at the given location it will delete the files but if it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

What's The Easiest Route To Creating A Unix Executable File for Terminal?

I've seen the executable open in the application OmniOutliner, can I create an executable with this app? I'd like to be able to create the unix executable and insert it into terminal, but I'm not sure if the Omni app will allow me to create it. Any one have any ideas or possibly familiar with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

output nohup file containg the PID

Hi to everybody. Is it possible to nohup a process and redirect the output to a file containing the PID? E.g. if nohup filename > out.nohup associate the PID=8074 to filename, is it possible to call the output file something like out_8074.nohup instead of out.nohup? By this way it would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsrn
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Comment in static route file

Hi all, is it possible to add a comment starting with "#" (with vi for example) to the static route file in: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route* Are you aware of any problems this can cause after a network restart? Thanks, Evan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Evan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep string from nohup.out file

Hi, I have one shell script, which run another one script inside in nohup mode. I want to search one string from the nohyup.out file in the same mail shell script itself .Can anyone help me?? Please find the code below: total_ear=`cd ear ; ls *.ear | wc -l | tr -d ' '` for ear in `cd ear ; ls... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep from the nohup.out file

Hi, I have one shell script, which run another one script inside in nohup mode. I want to search one string from the nohup.out file in the same shell script itself .Can anyone help me?? Please find the code below: total_ear=`cd ear ; ls *.ear | wc -l | tr -d ' '` for ear in `cd ear ; ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving nohup output to a file other than nohup.out

Shell : bash OS : Oracle Linux 6.4 I want to save the ouput of a nohup command to file other than nohup.out . Below are my 3 attempts. For both Attempt1 and Attempt2 , the redirection logs the output correctly to the output file. But I get the error "ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
iofileb.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     iofileb.d(1m)

NAME
iofileb.d - I/O bytes by file and process. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
iofileb.d DESCRIPTION
This prints a summary of requested disk activity by pathname, providing totals of the I/O events in bytes. It is a companion to the iofile.d script - which prints in terms of I/O wait time, not bytes. I/O wait time is a better metric for understanding performance issues. Both disk and NFS I/O are measured. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
Sample until Ctrl-C is hit then print report, # iofileb.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD process name KB kilobytes of disk I/O FILE file pathname DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
iofileb.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
iofile.d(1M), iosnoop(1M), dtrace(1M) version 1.00 Feb 20, 2006 iofileb.d(1m)