Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Play Windows games on Linux with PlayOnLinux Post 302175099 by Linux Bot on Thursday 13th of March 2008 05:30:07 AM
Old 03-13-2008
Play Windows games on Linux with PlayOnLinux

Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:00:00 GMT
If you are an avid gamer, you probably dual-boot your favorite Linux distribution with Windows, because that's where you find most new cutting-edge games. But what if you could run your Windows games on Linux? PlayOnLinux is an open source Python-scripted front end that helps you install and play tons of Windows-only games -- and then some!

Source...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Listings of the games for Linux

Hello! I need tne listings of the very simple games(like mad builders or snake) in text mode, when is running only bash. If you got one, please send me on e-mail or post it just in this thread. I also need the following programms, if you have one of them or can quickly write it, please help me: 1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Studenttt
4 Replies

2. Linux

Games that run on Linux too.. list.

I am interested in creating a list that consists of the popular games that run on Linux with atleast moderate performance ;) Please post the list of games that you know. Tips/Links on tweaking some games to run, may also be shared :) Here is a list ripped from http://www.frankscorner.org :D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Play Video Games?

Do you play video games? If so, what are your favorite games? (54 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
54 Replies

4. Linux

Can not play sound in Linux RHEL5.

Hi All, Recently I installed Linux RHEL5 on my machine. It seems that I can not play sound on RHEL5. I have real player installed along with RHEL5 but, when I try to play any song, the error message comes up saying "Can not open the audio device.Another application may be using it." Does any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

use VM to play games in Windows (Intense Games)

I have Ubunut installed on my desktop AMD 6 Core 3.2 (will be getting the bulldozer AMD 8 Core when it releases) 16 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM SSD some HDD's Nvidia 560 ti 1GB My question is, how can I or can I even get a Win 7 VM to play games as well in a main install. Give it 10 GBs of RAM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ochieman2000
0 Replies

6. Linux

PlayOnLinux

Are any forum members using PlayOnLinux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
PYSOLFC(6)																PYSOLFC(6)

NAME
PySolFC - a collection of more than 1000 solitaire games SYNOPSIS
pysolfc [filename] The only option available is the file name of a saved game. All other options are ignored - PySolFC is fully configurable within the game. DESCRIPTION
PySolFC is a collection of more than 1000 solitaire card games. It stands for PySol Fan Club Edition, as it is a fork of (the now unmain- tained) PySol Solitaire. There are games that use the 52 card International Pattern deck, games for the 78 card Tarock deck, eight and ten suit Ganjifa games, Hana- fuda games, Matrix games, Mahjongg games, and games for an original hexadecimal-based deck. Its features include modern look and feel (uses Ttk widget set), multiple cardsets and tableau backgrounds, sound, unlimited undo, player statistics, a hint system, demo games, a solitaire wizard, support for user written plug-ins, an integrated HTML help browser, and lots of documentation. The integrated help browser can be started by pressin <F1> after the program has launched. PySolFC is written in 100% pure Python and runs out-of-the-box on Unix (X11), Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT/XP and Macintosh platforms. FILES
PySolFC searches its data files in a number of directories including: the current directory /usr/share/games/pysolfc /usr/local/share/games/pysolfc Options are saved in ~/.pysolfc/options.cfg Statistics and logs are saved in ~/.pysolfc/statistics.dat Comments are indexed in ~/.pysolfc/comments.dat Savegames are searched in ~/.pysolfc/savegames/ Additional plugins are searched in ~/.pysolfc/plugins/ Additional cardsets are searched in ~/.pysolfc/cardsets/ Additional table tiles are searched in ~/.pysolfc/tiles/ Additional music songs are searched in ~/.pysolfc/music/ ENVIRONMENT
HOME is used for finding the users home directory. USER and LOGNAME are used for getting the initial name of the player. Additional cardsets are searched according to the path variable PYSOL_CARDSETS. You can specify multiple directories. Additional table tiles are searched according to the path variable PYSOL_TILES. You can specify multiple directories. Additional music songs are searched according to the path variable PYSOL_MUSIC. You can specify multiple directories. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is normally 0. SEE ALSO
python(1) ace_solitaire, freecell, gnome-freecell, kabale, klondike, kpat, seahaven, sol, spider, tksol, xfreecell, xpat2, xsol BUGS
Please report all bugs immediately to the author. AUTHOR
Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer <markus@oberhumer.com> T. Kirk Skomoroh <skomoroh@users.sourceforge.net> Brian Lenihan <brianl@users.sourceforge.net> http://pysolfc.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
PySolFC is Copyright (C) 1998-2003 Markus Franz Xaver Johannes Oberhumer Copyright (C) 2003 Mt. Hood Playing Card Co. Copyright (C) 2005-2009 Skomoroh All Rights Reserved. PySolFC is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License Version 3 or later (GPLv3) Version 2.0 04 Dec 2009 PYSOLFC(6)