Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in script modification
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help in script modification Post 302175068 by a.suryakumar on Thursday 13th of March 2008 02:12:58 AM
Old 03-13-2008
get table name from create table definition

i have the following create table definition :

ct t15(
c1 varchar(32000),
c2 char(32000),
c3 int);

i have to store the table name in a var and serach for update and show table on that table in the file ..
if exists print the

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a modification on this script

Hi All I have files contains rows which look like this: 2 20090721_16:58:47.173 JSUD2 JD1M1 20 IAM 966591835270 249918113182 b 3610 ACM b 3614 ACM b 3713 CPG b 3717 CPG f 5799 REL b 5815 RLC b 5817 RLC :COMMA: NCI=00,FCI=6101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,OFI=00,USI: :COMMB: BCI=1234: :RELCAUSE:10: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

time modification in script

Hi All.. I have a file with a number of non-unique entries as below: 1243 01:42:29,567 --> 01:42:32,108 blah blah .... blah blah .. 1244 01:42:32,709 --> 01:42:34,921 blah blah .... 1245 01:42:35,214 --> 01:42:36,533 blah blah .... blah blah .. blah blah .... blah blah .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: UniRock
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script Modification

Hi all Iam very new to Shell Scripting, I have to modify a shell script looking at an existing one except that it will query against some table X in A database. Befor Spooling check if there are any reload files if there archive the files. The above scipt executes some abc.sql which will b a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varunkv
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification in shell script

Hello Team, I have prepared script which will check for listening message for ports 1199,1200 and 1201. I need modifcation in script in such a way that if port 1200 is not listening then it should message rmi port 1200 is not listening. Smap for port 1199 and 1201. kindly guide me to acheive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync Script Modification

Hi I have a rsync that runs from a remote location to our central data store. The sync generates a log locally not in the central location. I would like to modify the rsync to add the following The log, instead of filing locally it gets sent to a area on the central data store once the syncs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

I want the below script to omit every chunk of data that contains a specific hostname. here's the scenario. i have a configuration file that contains the configuration of several hosts. a sample of this configuration file is this: define host { address ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script modification

Hi I have some list of files in a .dat i need to read them line by line and assing them to variables. For ex: list of files are some,some1 i need two variables g1 as some and g2 as some1. and then need to perform some operations on g1 and g2 for which i can get some o/p, i need to capture... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification in script

Hi, I have below script, i want to monitor that that ntp server listed in setting is under sync or not. I wrote below script but it is not working properly. Here are problems, first it should server under sync if "*" shows and rest if shows "+" it means it is next server in waiting list.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

can someone help me identify what i'm doing wrong here: awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{c=0} /./ && /./ { if ($3 < 2) { print ; c++ } END { print c":OK" } else if (($3 >= 2) && ($3 < 4)) { print ; c++ } END { print c":WARNING" } else if ($3 >= 4) { print ; c++ } END { print c":CRITICAL" } }'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need small modification in script

Hi All, In the below script, I am calling one sql file test.sql If this file returns any data then I have to generate this file test_$RUN_DATE.FCNA If the sql files returns no data then I dont want to generate this file test_$RUN_DATE.FCNA. I tried one approach like: check the size of FCNA files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveenk768
1 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3)