Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove space characters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove space characters Post 302174576 by melanie_pfefer on Tuesday 11th of March 2008 01:16:31 PM
Old 03-11-2008
remove space characters

hello

I have this output
ifspeed 100000000
ifspeed 100000000
collisions 413
collisions 10
duplex full
duplex full

from
kstat bnx | grep ifspeed
kstat bnx | grep collisions
kstat bnx | grep duplex

I want to get

ifspeed: 100000000
ifspeed:100000000
collisions: 413
collisions: 10
duplex: full
duplex: full

So remove the white charcters and add : between both fields.

Any idea?
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to separate every 10 characters then space then another 10 charactes

suppose u have a file P2122 AAJJSKKSKSLSKSKMSKMS P2123 AASSJMWJNSJNWHNSKSJ P2126 AHJMKNSAJNSKAKMOKALM P3533 KKKSJMAKKLLMLMSLMSPM P2122 JKKSKKMKKSKKKS--------------NSNJ P2123 NSJN---------MSKMKMKKSLLNSLL P2126 JNJSJNWKMSK-------------SKKSMK P3533 JSNSNPWLLL-SKK----SKKKSKKS so the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wc of characters in a file ignoring white space

Hi everyone, $ more abcdefg.ksh abcdef alpha beta gamma abcdef abcdef lmnop $ wc sachin1.ksh 5 7 132 abcdefg.ksh if you see it shows that file has got 240 characters. I actually want to count how many characters... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape space characters in loop from file

Hi Everyone! I want to build sql inserts from a list of countries/regions saved in a file. The list looks like this: United Kingdom Czech Republic ... The script I run is: while read i; do var=`expr $var + 1`; echo "INSERT INTO calltypes VALUES($var, '$i','$i');" >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuca
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space between characters using sed

Input: Youcaneasilydothisbyhighlightingyourcode. Putting space after three characters. You can eas ily dot his byh igh lig hti ngy our cod e. How can i do this using sed? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print characters till the next space when the pattern is found

i have a file which contains alphanumeric data in every line. what i need is the data after certain pattern. the data after the pattern is not of fixed length so i need the data till the space after the pattern. Input file: bfdkasfbdfg khffkf lkdhfhdf pattern (datarequired data not required)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add a space between certain characters Using Perl Scripting

Hello All, I have a variable which is having values like this.. $var=A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H I want to add space after every three alphabets so that my final variable should look like this.. $var=A,B,C, D,E,F, G,H the space should come after the comma of third alphabet.. Pls tell me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to remove leading space from awk statement space from calculation

I created a awk state to calculate the number of success however when the query runs it has a leading zero. Any ideas on how to remove the leading zero from the calculation? Here is my query: cat myfile.log | grep | awk '{print $2,$3,$7,$11,$15,$19,$23,$27,$31,$35($19/$15*100)}' 02:00:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizomb
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove alphabets/special characters/space in the 5th field of a tab delimited file?

Thank you for 4 looking this post. We have a tab delimited file where we are facing problem in a lot of funny character. I have tried using awk but failed that is not working. In the 5th field ID which is supposed to be a integer only of that file, we are getting corrupted data as below. I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srithar
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove characters and replace with space

tr -cd '\11\12\15\40-\176' < file-with-binary-chars > clean-file This removes special characters but how can I replace it with space (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first 2 characters and last two characters of each line

here's what im trying to do. i have a file containing lines similar to this: data.txt: 1hsRmRsbHRiSFZNTTA1dlEyMWFkbU5wUW5CSlIyeDFTVU5SYjJOSFRuWmpia0ZuWXpKV2FHTnRU 1lKUnpWMldrZFZaMG95V25oYQpSelEyWTBka2QyRklhSHBrUjA1b1kwUkJkd3BOVXpWM1lVaG5k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
TXP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TXP(4)

NAME
txp -- 3Com 3XP Typhoon/Sidewinder (3CR990) Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device txp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_txp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The txp interface provides access to the 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s Ethernet networks via the 3Com Typhoon/Sidewinder chipset. Basic Ethernet functions are provided as well as support for vlan(4) tag removal and insertion assistance, receive ip(4), tcp(4), and udp(4) checksum offloading, and transmit ip(4) checksum offloading. There is currently no support for transmit tcp(4) or udp(4) checksum offload- ing, tcp(4) segmentation, nor ipsec(4) acceleration. When a txp interface is brought up, by default, it will attempt to auto-negotiate the link speed and duplex mode. The speeds, in order of attempt, are: 100Mb/s Full Duplex, 100Mb/s Half Duplex, 10 Mb/s Full Duplex, and 10 Mb/s Half Duplex. The txp supports several media types, which are selected via the ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are: media autoselect Attempt to autoselect the media type (default) media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex Use 100baseTX, full duplex media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 100baseTX, half duplex media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex Use 10baseT, full duplex media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 10baseT, half duplex HARDWARE
The txp driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 o 3Com 3CR990-TX-97 o 3Com 3cR990B-TXM o 3Com 3CR990SVR95 o 3Com 3CR990SVR97 o 3Com 3cR990B-SRV SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4), miibus(4), tcp(4), udp(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The txp driver first appeared in OpenBSD 2.9. BSD
January 26, 2012 BSD