Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL Analyzer Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ACL Analyzer Script Post 302174437 by Okema on Tuesday 11th of March 2008 06:39:41 AM
Old 03-11-2008
Theres one thing I have no clue how to do thats essential to all this, given the following line.
permit tcp host x.x.x.x gt 1023 y.y.y.y 0.0.0.31 eq smtp

1) How would I set each field (delimited by a space) as a variable?
2) How do I count the number of fields?
3) Whats the most efficient way to loop through every line in a file?

Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple website traffic analyzer

Hello everybody, I'm hosting several websites on the same server using apache virtual hosting: ~$ tail /etc/apache2/sites-available/default <VirtualHost *> ServerName website1.mydomain.com DocumentRoot /var/www/website1 </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *> ServerName... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find/apply Solaris 10 ACL's

This may be a question for a different forum, but as I will need a script I thought I would start here. We recently migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10. The file system in question here is ZFS, meaning the method for listing and applying ACL's has changed dramatically. To make a long story... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP UX Syslog Analyzer

Hi everybody I need to analyze syslog file in HP UX Is there any log analayzer for this file? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_arab
3 Replies

4. Solaris

[REQ] tool analyzer for /var/adm/messages

hi all, i am trying to find a tool to analyze the var/adm/messages. is there any? thanks, Mahm. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahm_14
6 Replies

5. Solaris

graphical diskspace analyzer

Hi all, recently I took over the admin task for a solaris 5.10 machine. Being a little bit familiar with debian systems Solaris is up to now a complete mystery to me. The first thing I would like to have is a graphical diskspace analyzer. I mean something like BaoBab under gnome. I there a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sly_dunbar
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Best iptables log analyzer?

Hello all, i want to view my iptables log on web interface, with chart (in option, and this is not my priority). What is the best program for this? I have Ubuntu server. Thanks ! :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pacifiste95
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Centralized linux system log analyzer?!

Hello everyone! I`m searching for linux log parser application. I already find some ways, but the best looks logzilla. Requirements: Web interface for viewing Filtering in web Notifications in web or email Open source Support linux system logs, custom logs and apache logs. I will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabalv
5 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)