Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use Suexec with Apache2 ? Post 302174367 by harrstar on Monday 10th of March 2008 10:41:47 PM
Old 03-10-2008
Hi,

suexec only works together with a cgi or fcgi wrapper. That means you have to install php so that it can be run under cgi/fcgi.

Exactly what to do depends on your os/configuration.

Harry

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suexec solution

guys here's a section of my program written in perl. This part is used to create directories with 777 mode. Now i know about 777 being a security hole. Could anyone provide me a possible solution to this using suexec????????? Segment system mkdir ".$file_folder", 0777 or die "Can't make... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_last_rites
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apache suexec

I compiled apache 1.3.33 with suexec support like ./configure \ "--with-layout=Apache" \ "--prefix=/usr/local/apache" \ "--enable-module=ssl" \ "--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a" \ "--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a" \ "--enable-module=perl" \ "--enable-module=most"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

3. SuSE

apache2 ldap

I am using apache2-2.0.49-27.8 supply with suse Enterprise 9 CD, the installation went fine. But am tring to configure apache2 to authenticate to LDAP, so added "ldap" to /etc/sysconfig/apache2 APACHE_MODULE="ldap" and the to /etc/apache2/httpd.conf LDAPSharedCacheSize 200000 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suexec problem

Hi all, I am trying to setup apache w/ suexec to avoid permission problems w/ apache user and website user and also to be able to run a second (test) domain on the same server. So far I got fcgi w/o suexec running perfectly (logs confirm that). But as soon as I enable the suexec statement in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harrstar
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Using SSL in Apache2

I am running apache2 in my local network and I am learning about the ssl. I found this document. It tell me to run the following command (down) in order to generate SSL certificate: apache2-ssl-certificate However when I run the command I get the message that there is no such command. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

can't enable ssl in apache2 "Apache2 + openssl"

I have running apache2 and I want to enable ssl in my server for that I compile openssl without errorshttp://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif But when i start Apache it gives following error,,,,,,,http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/confused.gif Code: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charith
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Apache2 Crashes

The Apache server suddenly stops. I am running Debian Jessie Here are some diagnostics: root@meow:/var/www# apachectl configtest AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SUEXEC with passwordless option

Hi, I am using the below command in suexec -u webuser /local/Tomcat7//0/tc7u/tomcat7.sh status But it prompts for the password of executing user. Let me know if any options available for passwordless or supplying password in script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravinbtech
0 Replies
PHP_SAPI_NAME(3)							 1							  PHP_SAPI_NAME(3)

php_sapi_name - Returns the type of interface between web server and PHP

SYNOPSIS
string php_sapi_name (void ) DESCRIPTION
Returns a lowercase string that describes the type of interface (the Server API, SAPI) that PHP is using. For example, in CLI PHP this string will be "cli" whereas with Apache it may have several different values depending on the exact SAPI used. Possible values are listed below. RETURN VALUES
Returns the interface type, as a lowercase string. Although not exhaustive, the possible return values include aolserver, apache, apache2filter, apache2handler, caudium, cgi (until PHP 5.3), cgi-fcgi, cli, cli-server, continuity, embed, fpm-fcgi, isapi, litespeed, milter, nsapi, phttpd, pi3web, roxen, thttpd, tux, and web- james. EXAMPLES
Example #1 php_sapi_name(3) example This example checks for the substring cgi because it may also be cgi-fcgi. <?php $sapi_type = php_sapi_name(); if (substr($sapi_type, 0, 3) == 'cgi') { echo "You are using CGI PHP "; } else { echo "You are not using CGI PHP "; } ?> NOTES
Note An alternative approach The PHP constant PHP_SAPI has the same value as php_sapi_name(3). Tip A potential gotcha The defined SAPI may not be obvious, because for example instead of apache it may be defined as apache2handler or apache2filter. SEE ALSO
PHP_SAPI. PHP Documentation Group PHP_SAPI_NAME(3)