Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: case insensitive
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting case insensitive Post 302174294 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 10th of March 2008 04:45:57 PM
Old 03-10-2008
Cheap answer:
sed 's/[Ww][Oo][Rr][Kk]/job/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

case insensitive locate

How can I do a case insensitive locate? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davis.ml
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case-insensitive serach with awk

Is there any way to do case insensitive search with awk for the below statement: month1=`awk '/month/' ${trgfile} | cut -d"=" -f2` the "month" could come as Month, mOnth,MONTH etc. in a file. Now I am looking for "month".... Thanks, AC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheepi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk case-insensitive

can I tell awk to be case insensitive for one operation without setting the ignorecase value ? thanks, Steffen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make sed case insensitive

I need to remove a pattern say, ABCD whether it is in uppercase or lowercase from a string. How to do it using SED? for example ABCDEF should output to EF abcdEF should also output to EF (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive if on substring

I'd like to print a line if a substring is matched in a case insensitive manner something like do a case insensitive search for ABCD as a substring: awk '{ if (substr($1,1,4) == "") print $1 }' infile > outfile I'm not certain how to make the syntax work??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case insensitive check for directory

Hi, Im still new to scripting and this forum and could so with a little help I understand: if ; then good else bad fi but how do I do the same check but ignore the case of <dir2>? Many thanks! Matt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjwoodford
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Insensitive search

Hey , i am trying to do a search for the certain books , and im trying to make it case insensitive. what i have come up with so far is this : Database.txt RETARDED MONKEY:RACHEAL ABRAHAML:30:30:20 GOLD:FATIN:23.20:12:3 STUPID:JERLYN:20:40:3 echo -n "Title: " read Title echo -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a string (case insensitive)?

Hi, Please help me in following prob. I have a input file in which UPDATE statements will be present. I need to check the count of the rows impacted by each statement. I am using below code to do so: $dml --> File having UPDATE SQLs like Update <table_name> Set <field>=<value>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for a case insensitive search

Hi All, What is the command to search a file for a case-insensitive match 1.grep -nc text filename 2.grep -i text filename 3.grep -i filename text 4.grep -nc filename text 5.grep -c text filename Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Making SED case insensitive

Dears, In the below string, please let me know how to make the sed search case-incensitive. I have more such lines in my script instead of let me know any other easier option. sed -n '/dn: MSISDN=/,/^\s*$/p' full.ldif > temp ; sed -n... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
4 Replies
GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)						  GRAM5 Commands					      GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)

NAME
globus-job-status - Check the status of a GRAM5 job SYNOPSIS
globus-job-status JOBID globus-job-status [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] DESCRIPTION
The globus-job-status program checks the status of a GRAM job by sending a status request to the job manager contact for that job specifed by the JOBID parameter. If successful, it will print the job status to standard output. The states supported by globus-job-status are: PENDING The job has been submitted to the LRM but has not yet begun execution. ACTIVE The job has begun execution. FAILED The job has failed. SUSPENDED The job is currently suspended by the LRM. DONE The job has completed. UNSUBMITTED The job has been accepted by GRAM, but not yet submitted to the LRM. STAGE_IN The job has been accepted by GRAM and is currently staging files prior to being submitted to the LRM. STAGE_OUT The job has completed execution and is currently staging files from the service node to other http, GASS, or GridFTP servers. OPTIONS
The full set of options to globus-job-status are: -help, -usage Display a help message to standard error and exit. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-status program to standard output. -versions Display the software version of the globus-job-status program including DiRT information to standard output. ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-job-status. X509_USER_PROXY Path to proxy credential. X509_CERT_DIR Path to trusted certificate directory. BUGS
The globus-job-status program can not distinguish between the case of the job manager terminating for any reason and the job being in the DONE state. SEE ALSO
globusrun(1) University of Chicago 03/18/2010 GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)