Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fetchmail imap gmail certificate Post 302174275 by HPAVC on Monday 10th of March 2008 03:29:35 PM
Old 03-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by c19h28O2
Hi,

Thanks that worked, I'm now getting an

fetchmail: connection to localhost:smtp [::1/25] failed: Connection refused.

error?

any ideas?
fetchmail is trying to email you the messages via the local server versus stuffing them in a file or what have you. You need to look at the documentation to determine what is best.

If you have no smtp server running on your osx machine and your trying to read mail with Mail.app, why not just imap the mail via Mail.app?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail suitable for this task?

Hi all. I'm currently building my own webmail server but I will need to collect my mail from several different account scattered around the 'Net. I know fetchmail can do this. The problem I have is that my main POP3 mailbox at my ISP lumps all users' e-mails into one box. This means that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DraconianTimes
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

fetchmail with pop3

once i used kmail (or sometimes outlook express) for my e-mail client. i had no problem with that. now being with unix console, i want to retrieve pop3 mails, using fetchmail. (where i can browse my mailbox(es) later) and it seems something i'm missing or do not understand. assuming my e-mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaguar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail taking long time to fetchmail...

Hi peeps, We are having around 60 users. The time set to retrieve the mail is 300 sec. But it's taking around 1 hour to deliver mails. I am using debian sarge 3.1. any clues? And how it will affect if I decrease the time? My machine has got 1 p4 3.0 GHZ processor and 1 GB ram. The home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. Linux

Fetchmail Ate my inbox!

Hello All. I was messing around with Fetchmail on a Test Email account. Here's what my fetchmailrc file looks like: poll imap.gmail.com proto IMAP fetchall ssl When I ran this, it removed all the test emails from my Google Account. There were a few emails that I needed, however, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewrockshard
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (conky) and gmail/IMAP unread message count

Hi all, I use Conky monitor (Conky - Home) for my laptop and I needed a script to see the count of new messages on gmail/IMAP, then I made this small perl script (I hope they can be useful to someone :)) gimap.pl #!/usr/bin/perl # gimap.pl by gxmsgx # description: get the count of unread... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
0 Replies

6. Linux

Fetchmail Help

Hello there Unix & Linux Guru's and Gifted ones, Can anyone help me configure fetchmail on my redhat 9.0 This sounds to be silly but really I'm new to linux. I really need step by step installation and configuration on our company's required Redhat 9.0 (shrike) OS. Thank you and God... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggled_boy
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

fetchmail with two envelope options

Dear All, Is it possible to using 2 envelope options on fetchmail ? Here is fetchmailrc configuration : envelope "Envelope-To" envelope "X-Apparently-To" Thx :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhein_onizuka@y
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Fetchmail Error

Hello All, I am using fecthmail on RHEL 5.fetchmail: fetchmail 6.3.6-1.1.el5.3.1 getting the below error. ################# Installation check passed Fetching email ... mail box file name is ....mailbox.2011051614 /usr/bin/fetchmail --all --timeout 3000 --nokeep --bsmtp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies
dohash(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 dohash(8)

NAME
dohash, undohash - Hashes or unhashes IMAP configuration directories SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dohash [-f] [-h] [-i] /usr/sbin/undohash OPTIONS
The following options are available only for the dohash command: Forces the hashing process to continue even if the command encounters errors. Prints a usage message for the command. Runs the hashing process interactively. DESCRIPTION
The dohash command converts the IMAP configuration directories from the format for older versions of the Cyrus IMAP4 Revision 1 server to the new format for Version 1.6.1 or higher. Starting with Version 1.6.1 of the server, the IMAP user files in the quota and user directories are stored in a through z subdirectories, sorted by the first character of each user name. This arrangement reduces the number of entries in a given directory and consequently increases performance and scalability. The dohash command creates the a through z subdirectories and sorts the existing IMAP files as described; the undohash command reverses this process, in case you need to revert to a previous version of the server. You can optionally sort the users' directories in the IMAP mail spool in the same manner if you enable the hashimapspool option in the /etc/imapd.conf file before invoking the dohash command. See imapd.conf(4) for more information. Note that you must be logged in as the imap user to use the dohash command; otherwise, the newly-created subdirectories will not have the proper ownership. EXAMPLES
The following example shows output from the dohash command: # /usr/sbin/dohash configuration directory /var/imap... hashing user directory hashing quota directory done hashing In this example, the configuration directory is /var/imap; therefore, you could check that the dohash command has successfully hashed the directories by using the ls command as follows: # ls /var/imap/quota /var/imap/user /var/imap/quota: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z /var/imap/user: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z The slash () indicates line continuation. FILES
Configuration file for the IMAP server. Specifies the location of the IMAP configuration directory. SEE ALSO
Commands: imapd(8) Files: imapd.conf(4) Network Administration dohash(8)