Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignore some lines with specific words from file comparison Post 302174257 by jakSun8 on Monday 10th of March 2008 02:12:03 PM
Old 03-10-2008
Ignore some lines with specific words from file comparison

Hi all,

I need help in doing this scenario. I have two files with multiple lines. I want to compare these two files but ignoring the lines which have words like Tran, Loc, Addr, Charge. Also if i have a word Credit in line, i want to tokenize (i.e string after character "[" ) that line and compare a substring of it.

File looks like

Record 1
Tran@1050e1f[
airbillNbr=1324576
origLocInfo=Loc@1c29ab2[
locId=923
state=FL
locCntry=US
postal=32817
locNbr=456
locCurr=CAD
lglEntity=E
]
destLocInfo=Loc@337838[
locId=298
state=FL
locCntry=US
postal=32845
locNbr=456
locCurr=CAD
lglEntity=E
]
shpDt=Tue Jan 08 00:00:00 EST 2008
shprAddrInfo=Addr@18558d2[
acctNbr=123456789
name=Peyton Manning
company=Giants
address1=Sports Nation
address2=
city=New York
state=NY
country=US
postal=76543
]
Charge@19c26f5[
code=305
crdtCard=Credit@15eb0a[creditCardTypeCode=M,creditCardExpDate=Sat Feb 28 00:00:00 EST 2009]

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jak

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore the Spaces while string Comparison

I want to ignore the spaces while doing string comparison between two files. Iam using "comm" command to compare the files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignore a string pattern while doing file comparison/difference

Here is my problem. I have to find the differences in 2 XML files This is my Old File contents - File1 <FILEHDR> <Bag xsi:nil='true'></Bag> </FILEHDR> This is my New File contents - File2 <FILEHDR> <Bag xsi:nil='true' ></Bag> </FILEHDR> When I do the following diff -b File1 File2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sksahu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To fetch specific words from a file

Hi All, I have a file like this,(This is a sql output file) cat query_file 200000029 12345 10001 0.2 0 I want to fetch the values 200000029,10001,0.2 .I tried using the below code but i could get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep lines with specific words up in an order

I hava a file with following data: number|CREDIT_ID|NULL date|SYS_CREATION_DATE|NULL varchar2|GGS_COMMIT_CHAR|NULL varchar2|GGS_OP_TYPE|NULL number|GGS_SCN|NULL| number|GGS_LOG_SEQ|NULL number|GGS_LOG_POS|NULL number|GGS_ORACREC_SCN|NULL varchar2|BATCH_ID|NULL char|GGS_IMAGE_TYPE|NULL ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolesunil
6 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Reading a file for specific words

Hi I have a script where the user calls it with arguments like so: ./import.sh -s DNSNAME -d DBNAME I want to check that the database entered is valid by going through a passwd.ds file and checking if the database exists there. If it doesn't, the I need to send a message to my log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Display a specific words from a multiple lines

well, i am so not familiar with this kind of things but i am gonna explain extactly what i am looking for so hopfully someone can figure it out :) i have a command that shows memory usage besides the process name, for example(the command output): 500 kb process_1 600 kb process_2 700 kb... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore single or multiple lines between /* and */ while reading from a file in unix?

I have a file proc.txt: if @debug = 1 then message 'Start Processing ', @procname, dateformat(now(*), 'hh:mm:ss'), @julian type info to client; end if; /* execute immediate with quotes 'insert into sys_suppdata (property, value, key_name) location ''' || @supp_server || '.' ||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidncute
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print specific lines or words

Hi, Please have a look on below records. STG_HCM_STATE_DIS_TAX_TBL.1207.Xfm: The value of the row is: EMPLID = 220677 COMPANY = 919 BALANCE_ID = 0 BALANCE_YEAR = 2012 STG_HCM_STATE_DIS_TAX_TBL.1207.Xfm: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYSADM.PS_TAX_BALANCE) violated ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin Lakka
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignore all lines except the --- dash line in a text file.

How do you write a script to ignore all lines except the --- dash lines and then remove --- dashes from the data in a text file? Also how do you separate data in a text file with a tab (for example, column1 (software) and column2 (date) ) ? Here is my scripts : I am getting errors in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies
COMBINEDIFF(1)							     Man pages							    COMBINEDIFF(1)

NAME
combinediff - create a cumulative unified patch from two incremental patches SYNOPSIS
combinediff [[-p n] | [--strip-match=n]] [[-U n] | [--unified=n]] [[-d PAT] | [--drop-context=PAT]] [[-q] | [--quiet]] [[-z] | [--decompress]] [[-b] | [--ignore-space-change]] [[-B] | [--ignore-blank-lines]] [[-i] | [--ignore-case]] [[-w] | [--ignore-all-space]] [[--interpolate] | [--combine]] diff1 diff2 combinediff {[--help] | [--version]} DESCRIPTION
combinediff creates a unified diff that expresses the sum of two diffs. The diff files must be listed in the order that they are to be applied. For best results, the diffs must have at least three lines of context. Since combinediff doesn't have the advantage of being able to look at the files that are to be modified, it has stricter requirements on the input format than patch(1) does. The output of GNU diff will be okay, even with extensions, but if you intend to use a hand-edited patch it might be wise to clean up the offsets and counts using recountdiff(1) first. Note, however, that the two patches must be in strict incremental order. In other words, the second patch must be relative to the state of the original set of files after the first patch was applied. The diffs may be in context format. The output, however, will be in unified format. OPTIONS
-p n, --strip-match=n When comparing filenames, ignore the first n pathname components from both patches. (This is similar to the -p option to GNU patch(1).) -q, --quiet Quieter output. Don't emit rationale lines at the beginning of each patch. -U n, --unified=n Attempt to display n lines of context (requires at least n lines of context in both input files). (This is similar to the -U option to GNU diff(1).) -d pattern, --drop-context=PATTERN Don't display any context on files that match the shell wildcard pattern. This option can be given multiple times. Note that the interpretation of the shell wildcard pattern does not count slash characters or periods as special (in other words, no flags are given to fnmatch). This is so that "*/basename"-type patterns can be given without limiting the number of pathname components. -i, --ignore-case Consider upper- and lower-case to be the same. -w, --ignore-all-space Ignore whitespace changes in patches. -b, --ignore-space-change Ignore changes in the amount of whitespace. -B, --ignore-blank-lines Ignore changes whose lines are all blank. -z, --decompress Decompress files with extensions .gz and .bz2. --interpolate Run as "interdiff". See interdiff(1) for more information about how the behaviour is altered in this mode. --combine Run as "combinediff". This is the default. --help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of combinediff. BUGS
The -U option is a bit erratic: it can control the amount of context displayed for files that are modified in both patches, but not for files that only appear in one patch (which appear with the same amount of context in the output as in the input). SEE ALSO
interdiff(1) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Package maintainer patchutils 23 Jan 2009 COMBINEDIFF(1)