Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting simple count script outputting mass errors Post 302174046 by aspect_p on Sunday 9th of March 2008 07:58:49 PM
Old 03-09-2008
I looked over my code and i had serveral instances where there was a ] directly after a numerical value. thanks for pointing that out, and yes this script was an early one with serveral errors. Got it to work thanks to your help, the shorthand version blew me away, but i wasnt looking for simplicity in this excersise just repetiton so i can get used to the format etc etc..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

VI questions : mass changes, mass delete and external insert

Is it possible in VI to do a global change but take the search patterns and the replacement patterns from an external file ? I have cases where I can have 100,200 or 300+ global changes to do. All the new records are inside a file and I must VI a work file to change all of them. Also, can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr not outputting properly.. bsd sh script

When i run sh -x test.sh, expr outputs x=expr $x + 1 instead of doing the arithmetic.. been working on this overnight.. and its being a pain in the arse if you ask me.. :confused::confused: #!/bin/sh #script for downloading numerical filenames chap=1 p=1 count=0 x=1 while do if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspect_p
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to rename in mass

Basically, I have a huge amount of files (ripped audiobooks) that all have the same garbage in their filenames. I'm wondering how to go about writing a bash script to mass rename them. Example filenames as they stand now: The First CD - 1x01 - Title 1.mp3 The First CD - 1x02 - Title 2.mp3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Assistance - Outputting to file with Awk

I'm trying to take a list of domains, find out the MX resolve it to IP then find out what the NS is and output the contents to a new file. The only problem i'm having is when checking the Ip or host of the MX i can only get it to print the column with the MX record and the results of the host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spartan22
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Truncation Occurs When Outputting Shell Script to stderr

Operating System: Solaris 10, Shell We are outputting the results of our scripts to the stderr file. However we have encountered a problem where some of the lines in the file are truncated. Is there a way to increase the terminal or column size within the script so that this does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fazzasx
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script to count files

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and I need your help. I have found similar scripts in the forum but I need further assistance. I am building a script to use hourly in cron to mailx me if the number of files in a path is less than e.g 100 I have started with the following: #!/bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

line count with if /else - syntax errors

this is the script: ps -ef|grep "x_jobstat 10 v001" > jobstatv001.txt ps -ef |grep "x_jobserver 10 v001" >> jobstatv001.txt #Sample text - each line preceded by 4 spaces # root 133064 102986 0 08:49:28 pts/6 0:00 grep x_jobstat 10 v001 # root 137550 1 0 Nov 08 - 0:28... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalkner
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of errors within logs for last 6 months

I have directory /test/logs which has multiple logs: audit.log audit.log.1 audit.log.2 audit.log.3 audit.log.4 audit.log.5 audit.log is current log file and audit.log.X are archive log files. I need to search within these log files and count word "error-5" logged within last 6 months... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting Errors to a Log file

Good Morning, Every so often, I have copy scripts that to don't complete, but I don't immediately know why. It usually ends up being a permissions issue or a length issue. The scripts edit a log file, so I'd like to include any copy errors/issues in that file to check if the copies... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple question about charecter count

Hi, I have collection of letters in a column such as: AA5678 AA9873434 .. .. I am trying to find the number of charecters in each. "echo "AA5678"|wc -c 7----------------> why does it give 7 instead of 6? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvosu
6 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)