Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fetchmail imap gmail certificate Post 302174015 by c19h28O2 on Sunday 9th of March 2008 05:24:19 PM
Old 03-09-2008
fetchmail imap gmail certificate

Guys,

could you tell me how to create an imap gmail ssl certificate?

in my .fetchmailrc file I have

poll imap.gmail.com protocol IMAP user "xxxxx@gmail.com" there with password "xxxx" nofetchall keep ssl

but I'm getting an error

fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to get local issuer certificate

I'm on osx.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail suitable for this task?

Hi all. I'm currently building my own webmail server but I will need to collect my mail from several different account scattered around the 'Net. I know fetchmail can do this. The problem I have is that my main POP3 mailbox at my ISP lumps all users' e-mails into one box. This means that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DraconianTimes
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

fetchmail with pop3

once i used kmail (or sometimes outlook express) for my e-mail client. i had no problem with that. now being with unix console, i want to retrieve pop3 mails, using fetchmail. (where i can browse my mailbox(es) later) and it seems something i'm missing or do not understand. assuming my e-mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaguar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail taking long time to fetchmail...

Hi peeps, We are having around 60 users. The time set to retrieve the mail is 300 sec. But it's taking around 1 hour to deliver mails. I am using debian sarge 3.1. any clues? And how it will affect if I decrease the time? My machine has got 1 p4 3.0 GHZ processor and 1 GB ram. The home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. Linux

Fetchmail Ate my inbox!

Hello All. I was messing around with Fetchmail on a Test Email account. Here's what my fetchmailrc file looks like: poll imap.gmail.com proto IMAP fetchall ssl When I ran this, it removed all the test emails from my Google Account. There were a few emails that I needed, however, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewrockshard
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (conky) and gmail/IMAP unread message count

Hi all, I use Conky monitor (Conky - Home) for my laptop and I needed a script to see the count of new messages on gmail/IMAP, then I made this small perl script (I hope they can be useful to someone :)) gimap.pl #!/usr/bin/perl # gimap.pl by gxmsgx # description: get the count of unread... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
0 Replies

6. Linux

Fetchmail Help

Hello there Unix & Linux Guru's and Gifted ones, Can anyone help me configure fetchmail on my redhat 9.0 This sounds to be silly but really I'm new to linux. I really need step by step installation and configuration on our company's required Redhat 9.0 (shrike) OS. Thank you and God... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggled_boy
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

fetchmail with two envelope options

Dear All, Is it possible to using 2 envelope options on fetchmail ? Here is fetchmailrc configuration : envelope "Envelope-To" envelope "X-Apparently-To" Thx :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhein_onizuka@y
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Fetchmail Error

Hello All, I am using fecthmail on RHEL 5.fetchmail: fetchmail 6.3.6-1.1.el5.3.1 getting the below error. ################# Installation check passed Fetching email ... mail box file name is ....mailbox.2011051614 /usr/bin/fetchmail --all --timeout 3000 --nokeep --bsmtp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies
NTLM(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 NTLM(3pm)

NAME
Authen::NTLM - An NTLM authentication module SYNOPSIS
use Mail::IMAPClient; use Authen::NTLM; my $imap = Mail::IMAPClient->new(Server=>'imaphost'); ntlm_user($username); ntlm_password($password); $imap->authenticate("NTLM", Authen::NTLM::ntlm); : $imap->logout; ntlm_reset; : or ntlmv2(1); ntlm_user($username); ntlm_host($host); ntlm_password($password); : or my $ntlm = Authen::NTLM-> new( host => $host, user => $username, domain => $domain, password => $password, version => 1, ); $ntlm-> challenge; : $ntlm-> challenge($challenge); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods to use NTLM authentication. It can be used as an authenticate method with the Mail::IMAPClient module to perform the challenge/response mechanism for NTLM connections or it can be used on its own for NTLM authentication with other protocols (eg. HTTP). The implementation is a direct port of the code from F<fetchmail> which, itself, has based its NTLM implementation on F<samba>. As such, this code is not especially efficient, however it will still take a fraction of a second to negotiate a login on a PII which is likely to be good enough for most situations. FUNCTIONS ntlm_domain() Set the domain to use in the NTLM authentication messages. Returns the new domain. Without an argument, this function returns the current domain entry. ntlm_user() Set the username to use in the NTLM authentication messages. Returns the new username. Without an argument, this function returns the current username entry. ntlm_password() Set the password to use in the NTLM authentication messages. Returns the new password. Without an argument, this function returns the current password entry. ntlm_reset() Resets the NTLM challenge/response state machine so that the next call to C<ntlm()> will produce an initial connect message. ntlm() Generate a reply to a challenge. The NTLM protocol involves an initial empty challenge from the server requiring a message response containing the username and domain (which may be empty). The first call to C<ntlm()> generates this first message ignoring any arguments. The second time it is called, it is assumed that the argument is the challenge string sent from the server. This will contain 8 bytes of data which are used in the DES functions to generate the response authentication strings. The result of the call is the final authentication string. If C<ntlm_reset()> is called, then the next call to C<ntlm()> will start the process again allowing multiple authentications within an application. ntlmv2() Use NTLM v2 authentication. OBJECT API new %options Creates an object that accepts the following options: "user", "host", "domain", "password", "version". challenge [$challenge] If $challenge is not supplied, first-stage challenge string is generated. Otherwise, the third-stage challenge is generated, where $challenge is assumed to be extracted from the second stage of NTLM exchange. The result of the call is the final authentication string. AUTHOR
David (Buzz) Bussenschutt <davidbuzz@gmail.com> - current maintainer Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org> - nice ntlmv2 patch, OO extensions. Andrew Hobson <ahobson@infloop.com> - initial ntlmv2 code Mark Bush <Mark.Bush@bushnet.demon.co.uk> - perl port Eric S. Raymond - author of fetchmail Andrew Tridgell and Jeremy Allison for SMB/Netbios code SEE ALSO
perl, Mail::IMAPClient, LWP::Authen::Ntlm HISTORY
1.09 - fix CPAN ticket # 70703 1.08 - fix CPAN ticket # 39925 1.07 - not publicly released 1.06 - relicense as GPL+ or Artistic 1.05 - add OO interface by Dmitry Karasik 1.04 - implementation of NTLMv2 by Andrew Hobson/Dmitry Karasik 1.03 - fixes long-standing 1 line bug L<http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=9521> - released by David Bussenschutt 9th Aug 2007 1.02 - released by Mark Bush 29th Oct 2001 perl v5.12.4 2011-09-11 NTLM(3pm)