Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Checking which databases are installed Post 302173864 by beev1812 on Saturday 8th of March 2008 01:31:59 PM
Old 03-08-2008
Ok, then maybe try:
pkg_info | grep -i '(sql|firebird)'
This will search for either sql or firebird
I think that should do it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and databases

I had a person ask me if a Sql database can be run with Unix? I don't know can this be done? They only have Sql dba's and no oracle dba but want to use a Unix box???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyranunn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking whether program is installed

I currently use this construction to check whether a certain program is installed: if ; then cd /usr/ports/databases/sqlite3 && make install clean else echo "sqlite already installed" fi Is this method recommended? Is this an effective method, ie sufficiently robust for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking which mysql dbd is installed on linux

Hi, I am new to linux, and i want to know which mysql dbd is installed on linux, what is the command to check this. bash-2.05$ uname -a Linux SURINT01 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686 unknown Thanks Prakash GR (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
6 Replies

4. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two databases

Hello, I have two databases one is student_Name and another is student_Name1...Two tabled contain 200 records each..I found that near 30 names are entered in both databases..I would like to remove the duplicates..and i have to keep the name which is newly added..Please hepl how to remove... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjali_vee
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in backing up of databases.

Hi Everyone, I am new to DBA stuff. I wonder if anyone can help me. Task is that, I have 10 databases and need to take backups of all the databases using data pump in Unix/Linux, compress them using gzip and use cron to schedule the job twice a day. Appreciate if anyone can help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreepriya0987
1 Replies

8. SCO

Stop boot system at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases"

Hi, (i'm sorry for my english) I'm a problem on boot sco unix 5.0.5 open server. this stop at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases" (See this image ) I'm try this: 1) http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/50/37093/#post37094 2) SCO: SCO Unix - Server hangs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buji
9 Replies

9. Programming

MySQL Databases

Hello all again, How do you guys backup your MySQL databases? I have a few programs that have an default back up that make an .sql file which is great but I also use OpenX which runs on PHP and has a database. That does not have an auto-back-up feature so do I just download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
WTF(6)								 BSD Games Manual							    WTF(6)

NAME
wtf -- translates acronyms for you SYNOPSIS
wtf [-f dbfile] [is] acronym ... DESCRIPTION
The wtf utility displays the expansion of the acronyms specified on the command line. If the acronym is not in any of the acronyms data- bases, wtf will check to see if the acronym is known by whatis(1), pkg_info(1), or via pkgsrc's internal help mechanism, ``make help topic=XXX''. If ``is'' is specified on the command line, it will be ignored, allowing the fairly natural ``wtf is WTF'' usage. The following options are available: -f dbfile Overrides the default acronym database, bypassing the value of the ACRONYMDB variable. ENVIRONMENT
ACRONYMDB The default acronym database may be overridden by setting the environment variable ACRONYMDB to the name of one or more space-sep- arated file names of acronym databases. The files must be in the proper format (acronym[tab]meaning). FILES
/usr/share/misc/acronyms default acronym database. /usr/share/misc/acronyms.comp computer-related acronym database. SEE ALSO
make(1), pkg_info(1), whatis(1) HISTORY
wtf first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. BSD
July 27, 2007 BSD