Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parsing out records from one huge record Post 302173722 by shamrock on Friday 7th of March 2008 03:54:59 PM
Old 03-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwrynz1
Hi,

I have one huge record and know that each record in the file is 550 bytes long. How do I parse out individual records from the single huge record.

Thanks,
Show how the input (one huge record) and what the output (individual records from the single huge record) looks like.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting multiple records from a huge file at one time

I have a very big file of 5gb size and there are about 50 million records in there. I have to delete the records based on recrord number that I know fromoutside with out opening the file. The record numbers are very random like 5000678, 7890005 etc. Can somebody let me know how i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing records from one record

Hi, I got a file which is one huge record. I know each record should be 550 bytes long. How do I parse out the records from the one huge record. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bwrynz1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep matched records from huge file

111111111100000000001111111111 123232323200000010001114545454 232435424200000000001232131212 342354234301000000002323423443 232435424200000000001232131212 2390898994200000000001238908092 This is the record format. From 11th position to 20th position in a record there are 0's occuring,and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjkreddy
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing record into multiple records in Shell Script

Hi, I am trying to parse a very long record in a text file into multiple records by checking ADD, DELETE, or MODIFY field value in a shell script. Input # File name xyz.txt ADD|N000|8015662|DELETE|N001|9915662|MODIFY|N999|85678 Output ADD|N000|8015662| DELETE|N001|9915662|... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple records based on ';' in the record

Hi All, I have a *.csv files in a die /pro/lif/dow, (pipe delimiter file), these files are having 8 columns and 6 column(CDR_LOGIC) records are populated as below, I need to incorporate the below logic in all the *.csv files. 11||:ColumnA||:ColumnB 123||:ColumnA IIF(:ColumnA = :ColumnC then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help splitting huge single record file

I was given a data file that I need to split into multiple lines/records based on a key word. The problem is that it is 2.5GB or bigger and everything I try in perl or sed causes a Segmentation fault. Can someone give me some other ideas. The data is of the form:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leolson
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformat one record from two records

I have not get much answer/solution for the posting. Here I break down the question and hope to get some help. 1. How can I use AWK to read in two records at the same time and keep loop to next two when the condition is meet? position 1-10 --> Unique to identity whether... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: menglm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Records from 1 Record

I need to make one record to multiple records based on occurence column in the record and change the date.For example below first record has 5 ,so need to create 5 records from one and change the date to 5 months.Occurence can be any number. I am unable to come with a script.Can some one help ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: traininfa
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching record based on Uniq Key from huge file.

Hi i want to fetch 100k record from a file which is looking like as below. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help in printing records where there is a 'header' in the first record ???

Hi, I have a backup report that unfortunately has some kind of hanging indent thing where the first line contains one column more than the others I managed to get the output that I wanted using awk, but just wanting to know if there is short way of doing it using the same awk Below is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
CAP_MKDB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       CAP_MKDB(1)

NAME
cap_mkdb -- create capability database SYNOPSIS
cap_mkdb [-v] [-f outfile] file1 [file2 ...] DESCRIPTION
Cap_mkdb builds a hashed database out of the getcap(3) logical database constructed by the concatenation of the specified files . The database is named by the basename of the first file argument and the string ``.db''. The getcap(3) routines can access the database in this form much more quickly than they can the original text file(s). The ``tc'' capabilities of the records are expanded before the record is stored into the database. The options as as follows: -f outfile Specify a different database basename. -v Print out the number of capability records in the database. FORMAT
Each record is stored in the database using two different types of keys. The first type is a key which consists of the first capability of the record (not including the trailing colon (``:'')) with a data field consisting of a special byte followed by the rest of the record. The special byte is either a 0 or 1, where a 0 means that the record is okay, and a 1 means that there was a ``tc'' capability in the record that couldn't be expanded. The second type is a key which consists of one of the names from the first capability of the record with a data field consisting a special byte followed by the the first capability of the record. The special byte is a 2. In normal operation names are looked up in the database, resulting in a key/data pair of the second type. The data field of this key/data pair is used to look up a key/data pair of the first type which has the real data associated with the name. RETURN VALUE
The cap_mkdb utility exits 0 on success and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
dbopen(3), getcap(3), termcap(5) BSD
May 31, 2019 BSD