Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help with Webdav transfer script Post 302173702 by brazen1445 on Friday 7th of March 2008 02:38:15 PM
Old 03-07-2008
Please help with Webdav transfer script

I need help on a script that syncs a directory with a webdav directory.
For example I have the folders:
./upload/
./upload/client
./upload/client/department
./upload/client2
./upload/client2/department

each of these folders contain docs that need to goto the webdav.
also the client names change frequently so I realy would not want to hard code them in.

Here is my non working script w/ the fat cutout.

**********************************************************************************************
# I create a full listing of file names
cd /tmp/upload/
find "`pwd`" -name "*.*" > /tmp/Full_listing.txt;

#I cut down the file names and turn the spaces into %20 for the webdav
cat /tmp/Full_listing.txt | sed -e 's|/tmp/upload/|/|' -e 's| |%20|'> /tmp/Short_listing.txt;

# here is where I tranfer the files
cat /tmp/Short_listing.txt |while read line; do cadaver -t \""http://10.1.1.142:80/ktwebdav/ktwebdav.php""${line}"\" -U "username" -P "password" -S \"/tmp/upload"${line}"\";done

#here is where I delete the temp files
cat /tmp/Full_listing.txt |while read line; do rm \""${line}"\";done

**********************************************************************************************

the problem is cadaver is exec like this:
cadaver -t "http://10.1.1.142:80/ktwebdav/ktwebdav.php/client/department/doc.txt" -U "username" -P "password" -S "/tmp/upload/client/department/doc.txt"

When it should be this:
cadaver -t "http://10.1.1.142:80/ktwebdav/ktwebdav.php/client/department/" -U "username" -P "password" -S "/tmp/upload/client/department/doc.txt"

How do I cutout the documents name?
I have been working on this for a few days and have been unable to find a solution.

Thanks for reading my way to long post.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

WebDav/davfs mounted file & directory names in all UPPERCASE

Hey, I have a WebDav directory mounted and everything seems fine except for one thing. All file/directory names appear in all UPPERCASE, when in actual fact they are lowercase on the remote machine. For example: foo/bar/baz.html on the remote host, appears on my local machine as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrMoney
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload file to webdav server

Hi all i have a such question this is my shell script my script must upload file to webdav server ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ###... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knut
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Permissions trouble with WebDav

Hello! I need some advice about using WebDav in Mac OS 10.5 My problem is that I mount a WebDav folder in the hard drive pointing to a webdav directory service running under apache (it's Alfresco, if you know it) but the permissions of this directory, when mounted, are only for the user who... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: osksp
0 Replies

4. Debian

webdav share per user ldap authentication

hi all, i have configured Apache with WEBDAV & my aim is sharing outlook calendars because we don't use M$ ExChange. From outlook i did a simple test & am able to share a calendar. I want to create share for each user & then authenticate against LDAP before they can publish their... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

5. Linux

Could not open the lock database - Apache WebDAV setup

I configured a WebDAV server using Apache. Here is my configuration: DAVLockDB /var/www/DAVLock.db <Location /majid> AllowOverride None Options +Indexes DAV On AuthUserFile /var/www/users.db AuthName Authentication AuthType Basic <Limit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webdav automation

Hi, I am required to automate file transfer to a Sharepoint Collection, I have failed in mounting the webdav as a file system using davfs2 so I am investigating Curl and Cadaver. Cadaver is probably the easiest solution, I can successfully connect and transfer files. However can anyone advise... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Sending file to WebDav Server

Hi All, I am using a webdav server host name : abc.xyz.com.ak username : user123 password : password123 port : 80 I need to send files stored in my windows system to the server, any idea how to do it. I dont know how to create a url in linux for webdav server using details. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakhar_dubey
2 Replies
ubuntu-upload-permission(1)				      General Commands Manual				       ubuntu-upload-permission(1)

NAME
ubuntu-upload-permission - Query upload rights and (optionally) list the people and teams with upload rights for a package SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-upload-permission [options] package DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-upload-permission checks if the user has upload permissions for package. If the --list-uploaders option is provided, all the people and teams that do have upload rights for package will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query permissions in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -a, --list-uploaders List all the people and teams who have upload rights for package. -t, --list-team-members List all the members of every team with rights. (Implies --list-uploaders) -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXIT STATUS
0 You have the necessary upload rights. 1 You don't have the necessary upload rights. 2 There was an error. AUTHORS
ubuntu-upload-permission and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 ubuntu-upload-permission(1)