Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vi in Leopard
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Vi in Leopard Post 302173695 by Gale Gorman on Friday 7th of March 2008 01:55:01 PM
Old 03-07-2008
Vi in Leopard

I read last night in MacWorld that Leopard included a new version of vi.

Is there a list somewhere of the changes? I use vi a lot.

Gale

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Emacs in terminal for OS X Leopard

I had a question about using Emacs in terminal. Is it not possible to do add ons if you do not have the GUI version? I ask because in everything I have read, it says you need to edit a ~/.emacs file which I do not seem to have. Anyone know how I can add add ons? Thanks a lot in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: USFstudent
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mac backup script in leopard

Hi all I had a nice simple backup script on my mac running Tiger. I used an Automator 'Run Shell Script' command that loaded psync and backed up one directory on an external drive to a directory on another external drive. This was the command /usr/local/bin/runpsync 0 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Billy T
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Location in Leopard

Hi, Where is bash located in Leopard? According O'Reilly's "Bash Cookbook" Mac OS 10.2 and newer ship with bash as /bin/sh. But I checked and there is a /bin/bash. Which would I use in my shebang when writing BASH scripts? Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Install X11 Tiger on Leopard

Hi! A bug on X11 leopard prevent me from using a program through ssh channel. My unix guru suggest me to install X11 tiger, in which the bug is absent. So I tried to follow the step given by Ben Byer. My problem is simple, the first step : sudo launchctl unload -w... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ctrl-o in bash on os X leopard -- how does it work exactly?

I'm going through "learning the bash shell" by newham and rosenblatt. I'm trying to ctro-O to execute and then go on to the next command in the history list, ctrl-o again, etc. (I'm just trying to get a feel for it in case I want to use it). But ctrl-o does nothing. Can someone help me out as to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

MacPorts on Snow Leopard

Hello everyone. I was previously using MacPorts 1.8 on Mac OS 10.5.8 without any problems and everything was working well. I recently upgraded to Xcode 3.2 and Mac OS 10.6, since then my MacPorts installation has not been working at all. I deleted it and then reinstalled the .dmg from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HoldenCaulfield
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Alpine 2 on Snow Leopard

I've just installed Alpine on Snow Leopard but can't seem to get a default spell checker configured for it. What happened to spell? I can't find it at all on 10.6, must have been some changes. Does anyone know about the default unix spell checker on SL? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
0 Replies
CACHE(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  CACHE(3)

NAME
sys_cache_control, sys_icache_invalidate, sys_dcache_flush -- cache control LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <libkern/OSCacheControl.h> int sys_cache_control(int function, void *start, size_t len); void sys_icache_invalidate(void *start, size_t len); void sys_dcache_flush(void *start, size_t len); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on every cache line containing one of the len bytes of memory pointed to by start. Normally the operations apply to every processor in the system, but the exact semantics of these operations is platform dependent. They should be used with caution. sys_cache_control() performs the operation specified by function. Refer to the header file for a list of currently supported functions. sys_icache_invalidate() prepares memory for execution, typically by invalidating the instruction cache for the indicated range. This should be called after writing machine instructions to memory, and before executing them. On IA32 processors this function is a NOP, because their instruction caches are coherent. sys_dcache_flush() writes modified data cache lines to main memory, and then invalidates all lines in the range being operated on. It can be useful when dealing with cache incoherent devices or DMA. RETURN VALUES
sys_cache_control() returns zero on success, ENOTSUP if function is not valid. SEE ALSO
atomic(3), barrier(3) HISTORY
These functions first appeared in Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard). Darwin September 21, 2006 Darwin