Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mdelete
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mdelete Post 302173639 by killmatic on Friday 7th of March 2008 10:53:56 AM
Old 03-07-2008
mdelete

Hello,
I have a big problem with mdelete and I don't know further. In my shell script mdelete filename1 filename2 filename3 etc. does not delete alle files.

Here's the log:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1 Mar 7 14:40 corrado
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1 Mar 7 14:40 golf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1 Mar 7 14:40 hobbit
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1 Mar 7 14:40 lupo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1 Mar 7 14:40 passat
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1 Mar 7 14:40 tolkien
mdelete corrado? mdelete golf? mdelete hobbit? mdelete lupo? mdelete passat? mdelete tolkien?

Why is there an question mark instead of a new line?

And that's the script snippet:

cd ${WrkDir}
WrkList=`ls -1 | tr '\n' ' '`

ftpcmd="user ${User} ${Passwort}
cd ${QuellDir}
ls -AlF
mdelete $WrkList
ls -AlF
bye"

/usr/bin/ftp -n $IP_FTP << EOF | more >> $LogDatei
$ftpcmd
EOF

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mdelete power

hi to all! im using hp-ux 10.2 is it posible for the mdelete command to execute on the root directory if it did not find any file on the specified sub-directory? this is my sample script USER=root PASSWD=root cd /u01/app/oralog/arch ftp -n 192.119.10.3 user $USER $PASSWD prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunsbong
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mdelete command in FTP

What I need to do is ftp some files on a remote server, but before postong the file need to delete any existing file from the path on the remote dir. I am using the mdelete command for the same as follows : open server_name user_id password prompt off ascii cd /test mdelete * IF the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohini
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP mdelete

Hi, I have some backup scripts running. They allocate the files in separated folders, according to the current day. (01, 02, 03...., 31) After 1 month, the "cycle" starts again, and the files are uploaded to the folder 01, 02... When that happens, I want the previous files to be deleted, so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafaces
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)			   systemd-volatile-root.service			  SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-volatile-root.service, systemd-volatile-root - Make the root file system volatile SYNOPSIS
systemd-volatile-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-volatile-root DESCRIPTION
systemd-volatile-root.service is a service that replaces the root directory with a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs"), mounting the original (non-volatile) /usr inside it read-only. This way, vendor data from /usr is available as usual, but all configuration data in /etc, all state data in /var and all other resources stored directly under the root directory are reset on boot and lost at shutdown, enabling fully stateless systems. This service is only enabled if full volatile mode is selected, for example by specifying "systemd.volatile=yes" on the kernel command line. This service runs only in the initial RAM disk ("initrd"), before the system transitions to the host's root directory. Note that this service is not used if "systemd.volatile=state" is used, as in that mode the root directory is non-volatile. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-fstab-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)