Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl and Expert Systems
Top Forums Programming Perl and Expert Systems Post 302173609 by Yogesh Sawant on Friday 7th of March 2008 08:17:21 AM
Old 03-07-2008
Perl and Expert Systems

Hi,

I'm designing / writing a system which would analyze results of a load test and determine whether test passed or failed. The trouble is, the pass/fail criteria is very complex. And it may vary. So I'm thinking of something similar to Expert Systems.

One idea is put the rules in XML file and use them to determine if test passes or fails. But this may not be the best idea.

Has anyone seen / worked with such application / program / system?

Please give me ideas, links, suggestions, thoughts.

Thanks,
Yogesh Sawant

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expert vi commands

:) Hi UNIX friends, Where do I get advanced vi commands to practice. Please Help Me. Love (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expert cp command

How can I use the cp command to copy every file that I can find inside several folders cp -R *test* folder Supose there is ./122342343teste122343.txt ./bound/123teste1223453.txt ./feed/123teste1223453.txt and i want the files 122342343teste122343.txt, bound/123teste1223453.txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipe.82
12 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Becoming a Solaris expert?

Hello everyone, how do you really study to become an expert in solaris OS? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newby needs help from an OpenSSL expert

Dear friends, Thank you for reading this post. Please download files here: http://www.idanfe.com/dl/files.zip This is my problem: I have to sign a file like my teste1.txt One sample signed file is example.txt I am also including a private key I generated called... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
4 Replies
Test::Harness::Straps(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Test::Harness::Straps(3pm)

NAME
Test::Harness::Straps - detailed analysis of test results SYNOPSIS
use Test::Harness::Straps; my $strap = Test::Harness::Straps->new; # Various ways to interpret a test my %results = $strap->analyze($name, @test_output); my %results = $strap->analyze_fh($name, $test_filehandle); my %results = $strap->analyze_file($test_file); # UNIMPLEMENTED my %total = $strap->total_results; # Altering the behavior of the strap UNIMPLEMENTED my $verbose_output = $strap->dump_verbose(); $strap->dump_verbose_fh($output_filehandle); DESCRIPTION
THIS IS ALPHA SOFTWARE in that the interface is subject to change in incompatible ways. It is otherwise stable. Test::Harness is limited to printing out its results. This makes analysis of the test results difficult for anything but a human. To make it easier for programs to work with test results, we provide Test::Harness::Straps. Instead of printing the results, straps provide them as raw data. You can also configure how the tests are to be run. The interface is currently incomplete. Please contact the author if you'd like a feature added or something change or just have comments. Construction new my $strap = Test::Harness::Straps->new; Initialize a new strap. Analysis analyze my %results = $strap->analyze($name, @test_output); Analyzes the output of a single test, assigning it the given $name for use in the total report. Returns the %results of the test. See Results. @test_output should be the raw output from the test, including newlines. analyze_fh my %results = $strap->analyze_fh($name, $test_filehandle); Like "analyze", but it reads from the given filehandle. analyze_file my %results = $strap->analyze_file($test_file); Like "analyze", but it runs the given $test_file and parses it's results. It will also use that name for the total report. Results The %results returned from analyze() contain the following information: passing true if the whole test is considered a pass (or skipped), false if its a failure exit the exit code of the test run, if from a file wait the wait code of the test run, if from a file max total tests which should have been run seen total tests actually seen skip_all if the whole test was skipped, this will contain the reason. ok number of tests which passed (including todo and skips) todo number of todo tests seen bonus number of todo tests which unexpectedly passed skip number of tests skipped So a successful test should have max == seen == ok. There is one final item, the details. details an array ref reporting the result of each test looks like this: $results{details}[$test_num - 1] = { ok => is the test considered ok? actual_ok => did it literally say 'ok'? name => name of the test (if any) type => 'skip' or 'todo' (if any) reason => reason for the above (if any) }; Element 0 of the details is test #1. I tried it with element 1 being #1 and 0 being empty, this is less awkward. EXAMPLES
See examples/mini_harness.plx for an example of use. AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Test::Harness perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Test::Harness::Straps(3pm)