Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News Fail2ban 0.8.2 (Default branch) Post 302173570 by Linux Bot on Friday 7th of March 2008 05:00:03 AM
Old 03-07-2008
Fail2ban 0.8.2 (Default branch)

Fail2ban monitors log files and temporarily orpersistently bans failure-prone addresses byupdating existing firewall rules. The softwareallows easy specification of different actions tobe taken such as to ban an IP address usingiptables or hostsdeny rules, or simply to send anotification email. It supports many services, andconfiguration can be easily extended formonitoring any other ASCII file. All filters andactions are given in the configuration files, thusfail2ban can be adopted to be used with a varietyof files and firewalls.Image

More...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Fail2ban: email notifications and banning ssh IP logins

Hi all. I am using Cygwin in Windows 7 and am trying to setup fail2ban so that I can ban foreign IP addresses under SSH, also getting email notifications. I downloaded fail2ban and installed it. I then created jail.local copy from jail.conf and changed some values in jail.local. Now when I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: synthesis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script year_month_day_hour_minute with fail2ban

Hello, What I would like to do is a shell script which will read a database file, then it will compare the current date/hour/minute in each line existing in the database file. Today is 20140305 (year_month_day) & assume that the time is 15:11 at the moment. under /var/log/ database.txt ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file, grab ip with fail2ban

Solved with iptables. Many thanks... Hello, Objective: What I would like to accomplish is : - To read file1 line by line and search each word in file2. - To grab corresponding ip addresses found in file2 - To send related ip addresses to fail2ban (not iptables) By this way, when I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
5 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Fail2ban ERROR Unable to contact server. Is it running?

Hello, my fail2ban service is running (ps aux) When i do: fail2ban-client status it returns: ERROR Unable to contact server. Is it running? same message on fail2ban restart. In /etc/fail2ban/fail2ban.conf i see this line: socket = /var/run/fail2ban/fail2ban.sock but this file does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies
MASON(1)																  MASON(1)

NAME
mason - interactively create a firewall SYNOPSIS
mason < logfile > rulefile DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the mason command. mason interactively generates a set of firewall rules for a Linux-based firewall. This is done by turning on full IP logging, watching the logs for connections, and generating rules describing the connections seen. mason is familiar with most of the quirks of various connec- tion types (such as ftp and IRC), and can output rules for 2.0.x ipfwadm, 2.2.x ipchains, and Cisco packet filters. mason operates by reading in log file information from standard input and writing firewall rules to standard output. This allows mason to work offline or on a separate system. Real-time firewall generation can be achieved with a command like tail(1). Most users will want to run mason with a user-friendly interface such as mason-gui-text(1). ENVIRONMENT
mason is configured using the following environment variables. ECHOCOMMAND Sets the type of firewall rules that mason should output to standard out. Allowed values include "ipfwadm" and "ipchains". By default, mason outputs whatever kind of rules are supported by the currently running Linux kernel. DOCOMMAND Sets the type of firewall rules that mason should run immediately when a rule is generated. Allowed values include "ipfwadm" and "ipchains". By default, mason outputs whatever kind of rules are supported by the currently running Linux kernel. HEARTBEAT If set to "yes", mason will output a "+" or "-" to standard error whenever a rule generated by mason has been triggered. DYNIP Set this to the list of interfaces that have dynamically assigned addresses, separated by spaces. SEE ALSO
mason-gui-text(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jeff Licquia <jeff@luci.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). MASON(1)