Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Transfer that is not so trivial I guess Post 302173544 by vbe on Friday 7th of March 2008 04:40:50 AM
Old 03-07-2008
whats wrong to scp from B to A then from A to C then rm A's copy?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for a simple script (i guess so...)

Hi all! here is a sample of the file i am working on : $ cat toto.txt $20030613150250:Flux:ASS_IARD 20030613150250:Nombre d enregistrements Ecrits :27 20030613150250:Flux:ASS_TIER 20030613150250:Nombre d enregistrements Ecrits :27 20030613150251:Flux:ASS_PERS 20030613150251:Nombre d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HowardIsHigh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trivial awk question

i posted a reply the other day and needed an answer to this question while i was clarifyiing a few matter.. "how to compare to date variable in string format without having to compare word for word".. my reply was to try to use awk to compare the strings.. I wasn't quite sure if i remembered how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

guess the fault :)

I really cant understand whats wrong with this: File looks like this: 55 11 Code: cost=30 a= cut -c9-12 File let a=${a}+${cost} echo $a The answer echo should echo 11+30(cost) however the output looks like this: 11 30 And also is there anyway to grep $2 without awk? or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maskot
4 Replies

4. Programming

A trivial XOR doubt in a program

Hi, I am trying to reverse a string using the following program utilizing the Exclusive OR bit operation: int main() { char str = "Quraish"; char *p = str, temp; char *q = str + strlen(str) - 1; while ( p != q ) { if (*p != *q) { *p ^= *q; *q ^= *p; *p ^= *q;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Stack overflow i guess while insmod

I have built kernel 2.6.35 on my Ubuntu system with some specific requirement. I also built some app defined module with the same kernel. I booted up the built version and I find it did not work properly as there is some gui and other modules missing problem. But the system booted up and I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilsukumar4u
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trivial perl doubt about FILE

Hi, In the following perl code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w if (open(FILE, "< in_file")) { while (<FILE>) { chomp($_); if ($_ =~ /patt$/) { my $f = (split(" ", $_)); print "$f\n"; } } close FILE; } Why changing the "FILE" as... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Give user 5 chances to guess my favorite color

I wrote a script to give a user 5 guesses on what is my favorite color but I it doesn't work. I've only been scripting for a couple weeks and need some help it seems simple but how do I give the user 5 guesses? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob
3 Replies

8. Programming

Trivial doubt about C function pointer

Hi, In the below C code, #include <stdio.h> void print() { printf("Hello\n"); } int main() { void (*f)() = (void (*)()) print; f(); (*f)(); } I wonder, how the syntaxes "f()" and "(*f)()" are treated as same without any error? Is this an improvement or ANSI/ISO... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non trivial file splitting, saving with variable filename

Hello, Although I have found similar questions, I could not find advice that could help with our problem. The issue: We have a few thousands text files (books). Each book has many chapters. Each chapter is identified by a cite-key. We need to split each of those book files by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samask
4 Replies
libcurl(3)						      libcurl easy interface							libcurl(3)

NAME
libcurl-easy - easy interface overview DESCRIPTION
When using libcurl's "easy" interface you init your session and get a handle (often referred to as an "easy handle"), which you use as input to the easy interface functions you use. Use curl_easy_init(3) to get the handle. You continue by setting all the options you want in the upcoming transfer, the most important among them is the URL itself (you can't transfer anything without a specified URL as you may have figured out yourself). You might want to set some callbacks as well that will be called from the library when data is available etc. curl_easy_setopt(3) is used for all this. When all is setup, you tell libcurl to perform the transfer using curl_easy_perform(3). It will then do the entire operation and won't return until it is done (successfully or not). After the transfer has been made, you can set new options and make another transfer, or if you're done, cleanup the session by calling curl_easy_cleanup(3). If you want persistent connections, you don't cleanup immediately, but instead run ahead and perform other transfers using the same easy handle. libcurl 7.10.7 12 Aug 2003 libcurl(3)