Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: login reports on AIX43
Operating Systems AIX login reports on AIX43 Post 302173392 by itik on Thursday 6th of March 2008 03:55:53 PM
Old 03-06-2008
Network

The lastlogon report can be run by just "last" command.

The last update of the password report, still looking on it. Can't do copy and paste (or create a script) on /etc/security/passwd because the lastupdate info is not a friendly date format. Need to find the conversion formula for it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I print reports that are landscape

I print on an HP Laserjet 5si and HP 8000 Laserjet. We print reports in landscape and when the reports are printed the font size is too big and some of the report is cut off. Is there any other options that I could try to use to correct this. The printers are set up correctly. I just need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hp-ux 11.11 and Oracle reports

HI I am battling to find why oracle reports dont work from the Oracle applications and work from the Command line Finally, whern these reports error out in the Oracle apps, I see the error that the x server killed the process. Please let me know if any one has some chi-chi sheet on the os setup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schilukuri
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the reports into the database

STATUS REPORT FOR JOB: Ftp Generated: 2007-04-26 19:38:34 Job start time=2007-04-14 13:50:21 Job end time=2007-04-14 13:50:29 Job elapsed time=00:00:08 Job status=1 (Finished OK) The above report is application generated report. can any provide me the script to insert the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why command df and du reports different output?

There a mismatch between df and du outputs Both df and du reporting different output. It is confusing. the answer that I get is that Open file descriptor is main causes of such wrong information. For example if file is open by third party application OR by a user and same file is deleted, both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if ps -p 1234 reports nothing, echo something

I have a script that I need to put in some checking. It would read something like this but I need help with the exact notation: #!/bin/bash while true if #process is no longer reporting as up echo "process 1234 has fell" exit 1 # exit script fi sleep 1 #end of scriptAny help greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
2 Replies

6. AIX

script to get user id reports

Dear Friends, Can Any one provide me script to generate list of username with the gecos field. (cat /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1,5) Please note i have to run this command from nim server and i have password less ssh access.(ssh hostname command) and i want a file to be generated on nim... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodchauhan123
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

intodns.com reports old IP

Hello, I have this problem: I have a domain which worked well until my ISP changed my ip. Since then my DNS is not working, and intodns.com reports still the old IP. The DNS remains the same. I made changes in named.conf, in ifcfg-Auto_eth0, I flushed the cache but it;s the same thing. What... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: doe_ro
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSYSLOG reports

I want to create reports using rsyslog in linux,Can someone help me out here ? Report Format must be "Hostname" "Username" "Hostname logged from" "Date" "Time" Regards, Ahmed. ---------- Post updated at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:24 PM ---------- Linux,Shell Script (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed.vaghar
10 Replies
SU(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     SU(1)

NAME
su -- substitute user identity SYNOPSIS
su [-flm] [login] [-c shell arguments] DESCRIPTION
su requests the password for login and switches to that user and group ID after obtaining proper authentication. A shell is then executed, and any additional shell arguments after the login name are passed to the shell. If su is executed by root, no password is requested and a shell with the appropriate user ID is executed. The options are as follows: -c Invoke the following command in a subshell as the specified user. -f If the invoked shell is csh(1), this option prevents it from reading the ``.cshrc'' file. -l Simulate a full login. The environment is discarded except for HOME, SHELL, PATH, TERM, and USER. HOME and SHELL are modified as above. USER is set to the target login. PATH is set to ``/bin:/usr/bin''. TERM is imported from your current environment. The invoked shell is the target login's, and su will change directory to the target login's home directory. This option is identical to just passing "-", as in "su -". -m Leave the environment unmodified. The invoked shell is your login shell, and no directory changes are made. As a security precau- tion, if the target user's shell is a non-standard shell (as defined by getusershell(3)) and the caller's real uid is non-zero, su will fail. The -l and -m options are mutually exclusive; the last one specified overrides any previous ones. Only users in group ``wheel'' (normally gid 0) or group ``admin'' (normally gid 20) can su to ``root''. By default (unless the prompt is reset by a startup file) the super-user prompt is set to ``#'' to remind one of its awesome power. SEE ALSO
csh(1), login(1), sh(1), skey(1), kinit(1), kerberos(1), passwd(5), group(5), environ(7) ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by su : HOME Default home directory of real user ID unless modified as specified above. PATH Default search path of real user ID unless modified as specified above. TERM Provides terminal type which may be retained for the substituted user ID. USER The user ID is always the effective ID (the target user ID) after an su unless the user ID is 0 (root). HISTORY
A su command appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BSD
April 18, 1994 BSD