Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Updating System Firmware
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Updating System Firmware Post 302173170 by deaconf19 on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 10:40:19 PM
Old 03-05-2008
Instead i opted for the safer route. I went in and loaded solaris 10 on the v445 since it would take even longer for me to load solaris 9 with all the drivers it would need. then i loaded the firmware then i jumpstarted the unit and it worked just fine.
now my question is if i wanted to test the changes i made to that script and if it did mess up the firmware could i recover the system myself?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error updating Firmware in X4500

I have X4500 machine with solaris 10 OS and software version 5.10. The firmware version is 1.1.1 and I am planning to upgrade the firmware. C H A P T E R 1 - Flash Upgrading Your Server to Software Release 1.2 I referred to the above link to do so. But, I do not understand what is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
6 Replies

2. AIX

System P firmware update

I am interested whether should AIX Admin make upgrade of firmware on power systems or IBM support should do it thanks in advance :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade firmware of a system that doesn't boot?

any ideas ??????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
2 Replies

4. AIX

Problem after updating the firmware!

Hello AIX experts, I have 7038-6M2 server, its operating system is AIX 5.2, and its firmware is 3K041021 After some searching on net, I tried to update its firmware level to 3K080425, so I downloaded the required rpm, and followed the steps. After rebooting the server, it stopped and an error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
6 Replies
switchconf(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     switchconf(8)

NAME
switchconf - Change system configuration to one of many predefined SYNOPSIS
switchconf [ -list | config_scheme ] DESCRIPTION
switchconf is a command line tool that helps nomad laptop users to easily change their configuration. OPTIONS
switchconf takes only one argument. If this argument is -list, a list of all known configuration schemes is returned (found in $conf_top_dirs). If the argument is a configuration scheme, this configuration will be installed on the laptop. CONFIGURATION FILE
The configuration file (/etc/switchconf/conf) is simple. The following entries are defined: conf_top_dirs This specify where are located the configurations schemes. dest_dir This specify in which top directory you want to install the new configuration. This option is pretty useful if you want to debug your configuration without overwritting the actual one. exec_dir_before, exec_dir_after This specify the name of the exec directory : all files included will be executed before or after configuration changes run_parts This specify the path to the run-parts command, that is used to execute the scripts. Leave it empty to use the internal implementa- tion of run-parts. config_method This specify the method to use to copy the configuration files, to their places: softlink, hardlink, copy /etc/switchconf/conf should be written so it is parsable as a shell script - There should be no spaces between the variable name and its value. SCHEMES
You should create a directory for each configuration scheme you define, including all the files it should set in the system. Inside /etc/switchconf the directories you should create the files including the full path (i.e., /etc/switchconf/home/etc/network/interfaces for /etc/network/interfaces). No scheme should be named as either the exec_dir_before or the exec_dir_after, unless the conf_top_dirs is moved out of its default direc- tory, /etc/switchconf. Although it is not really necessary, you should probably ensure that all the files existing in one of the schemes exist on every other scheme, in order to ensure you do not end up in a hybrid state. FILES
/etc/switchconf/conf Configuration file. /var/lib/misc/switchconf.lastcfg Memory file, has the name of the current active scheme BUGS
Actually no bugs are reported. AUTHOR
switchconf was written by Sebastien J. Gross <seb@sjgross.org> switchconf was contributed by Julien Ducros <jul@chezwam.org> switchconf was maintained by Jose Calhariz <jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt> 3rd Berkeley Distribution April 2002 switchconf(8)