Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check directory exist on servers Post 302173089 by weonpc on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 04:03:23 PM
Old 03-05-2008
How to check directory exist on servers

There are many servers and their directory structer should be exactly the same. To check the directory path for all servers, I wrote a script.

Code:
#! /bin/ksh

ARRAY_DIRECTORIES[1]="/c/dev/custom/bin"
ARRAY_DIRECTORIES[2]="/c/dev/db/custom/src"

ARRAY_ENV[1]="remoteName200" 
ARRAY_ENV[2]="remoteName201"
ARRAY_ENV[3]="remoteName202"

integer DIR_INDEX=0
integer ENV_INDEX=0

while(($ENV_INDEX<3))
do
	ENV_INDE=`expr $ENV_INDE+1`

ssh "${ARRAY_ENV[$ENV_INDE]}"

while (($DIR_INDEX<2))
	do
		DIR_INDEX=`expr $DIR_INDEX + 1`

if [ ! -d "${ARRAY_DIRECTORIES[$DIR_INDEX]}" ]
		then
			#do something
		fi
	done
done

I am new to Shell Scripting, maybe I am doing something really stupid and need your help.

The script does ssh to the server without asking for password (I put a ssh key to .ssh directory.)

Thanks
Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if the file exist or not?

say i would like to check if the file is existed before i use rm command. How can i do it? i know if i can use find, but i would like to have a good interface (in a shell script) thks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++

Hi there,, how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++ under unix/linux? I can use access() under Window MFC. Thanks. Steven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steven88
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++

Hi there, how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++ under linux/unix. Thanks. Steven (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven88
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if certain files exist in a directory, if not add name to a textfile

We recieve some logs on our windows box via FTP on a daily basis, in the same directory. I would like to check for missing logs files and add their name to a text file. Something like... Check if C:\logs\file1_currentdate exists (if not, add file1_currentdate to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check whether a directory is exist and if it is not, create it

Hi, I want to write a shell script to check whether a directory (say A) is existing in a given location and if it is not, create it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the directory exist

I have the below script to check whether directory is exist or not , now I sure the directory /abc NOT exist , but when run the script , it still pop the result is "the directory exist" , could suggest what is wrong ? thx ll -d /abc > /dev/null 2>&1 if then echo "the directory exist !!" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi Does anybody know how I can check if a file exists i.e. see bellow, this doesn't work by the way and if tried countless variations on this file1=$one/file111.txt if then echo "Present" else echo "Not present" fi result : Not present (file is already present, eventhough its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I am trying to create a bash script which will check if file exist then remove that file else do nothing. I have to do same process for three files in same script. I have written code for one file and trying to run it. if then rm -r /user1/abc/File1 fi When I run this code it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palak08
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I created following script to check if file exist: #!/bin/bash SrcDir=$1 SrcFileName=$2 SrcTimePeriod=$3 if ;then echo 1 else echo 0 fi I ran it like: /apps/Scripts/FileExist.sh /apps/Inbox file1 2nd_period_2010 Even file exist at that location, my above command is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check file exist in a directory or not

HI folks, can any one tell me how to check whether the file is existed in a directory or not . let me tell you my requirement : if the file is existed i should display a one message or else i have to send a mail .. i have the mail logic .. but I'm failed to check file existence .. please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
5 Replies
Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::CGIBin - cgi-bin replacement for Plack servers SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::CGIBin; use Plack::Builder; my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app; builder { mount "/cgi-bin" => $app; }; # Or from the command line plackup -MPlack::App::CGIBin -e 'Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app' DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::CGIBin allows you to load CGI scripts from a directory and convert them into a PSGI application. This would give you the extreme easiness when you have bunch of old CGI scripts that is loaded using cgi-bin of Apache web server. HOW IT WORKS
This application checks if a given file path is a perl script and if so, uses CGI::Compile to compile a CGI script into a sub (like ModPerl::Registry) and then run it as a persistent application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI. If the given file is not a perl script, it executes the script just like a normal CGI script with fork & exec. This is like a normal web server mode and no performance benefit is achieved. The default mechanism to determine if a given file is a Perl script is as follows: o Check if the filename ends with ".pl". If yes, it is a Perl script. o Open the file and see if the shebang (first line of the file) contains the word "perl" (like "#!/usr/bin/perl"). If yes, it is a Perl script. You can customize this behavior by passing "exec_cb" callback, which takes a file path to its first argument. For example, if your perl-based CGI script uses lots of global variables and such and are not ready to run on a persistent environment, you can do: my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new( root => "/path/to/cgi-bin", exec_cb => sub { 1 }, )->to_app; to always force the execute option for any files. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::File CGI::Emulate::PSGI CGI::Compile Plack::App::WrapCGI See also Plack::App::WrapCGI if you compile one CGI script into a PSGI application without serving CGI scripts from a directory, to remove overhead of filesystem lookups, etc. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-02 Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)