Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to display contents of folder when 'cd' is used Post 302173047 by Kingkon on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 11:40:45 AM
Old 03-05-2008
Hi I am new to the perl scripting.
Plz can anybody help me the scripting.I need to find the entire Directoy space.but it is showing an error ..
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use Filesys:SmilieiskSpace;

# file system to monitor
my $dir = "/home";

# warning level
my $warning_level=10;

my ($fs_type, $fs_desc, $used, $avail, $fused, $favail) = df $dir;

# calculate
my $df_free = (($avail) / ($avail+$used)) * 100.0;

# compare
if ($df_free < $warning_level) {
my $out = sprintf("WARNING Low Disk Space on $dir : %0.2f%% ()\n",$df_free);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Folder Contents

Hi, I'm trying to allow people to access the contents of a folder on a web site, I am automatically placing files in this folder for people to download. I'm using Apache on Mac OS X, if that makes a difference. Can anyone help with this? I've found no documentation on this so far... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spencer
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy folder contents

I need to make a new dir in side the dir lab5 the new dir is called testLab5 without changing directories copy all files from your lab5 directory into your testLab5 directory then i have to without chaning directories and using exactly one command remove all files that start with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsk8_99
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the contents of an array

Hi i have just registered So i am at university studying forensic computing and we have to learn c++ i have never done anything with c++ before and i am abit stuck i need to create a programme to display the contents of an array of characters forwards and in reverse Can anyone help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RossMc
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Display the contents of a table.

Dear Friends, Am an newbie to this domain. I have a table which is filled with contents which i need to be updated with,so am trying to design a flow which would read the data from the table and mail it to me at regular intervals. I could make out the flow using mailx command but want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare folder contents over network

I use diff -r dir1 dir2 to get comparison of two folders that are on same machine. Now I need the same thing but one of the folders is on a different machine. Currently I ftp the folder to a temp folder compare using above command and delete the temp folder. Is there any other better options?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ke3kelly
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy folder and its contents to another folder

Hi experts, I am coming to you with this basic question on copying a folder and its content from one location to another folder using PERL script. This is my requirement. I have a folder AB under /users/myhome I want to copy AB and its contents to /user/workspace. Finally it should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script that sums the contents of a folder (help me)

I'm looking for a script that sums the contents of a folder, When you give a parameter to the script , i want to know the size of the directory, the number of files, number of folders, These are commands that I have already found du -s find . -type f | wc -l find . -type d | wc -ly ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roggy
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove folder contents

for dir in BKP/*/ do echo You are in :$dir done O/P -- BKP/201448/ BKP/201449/ BKP/201450/ BKP/201451/ BKP/201452/ BKP/201501/ BKP/201502/ BKP/201503/ BKP/201504/ BKP/201505/ BKP/201506/ BKP/201507/ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to move the contents of a folder to another one

what is the best way to move the contents of a folder to another one without deleting the structure of the first one. the contents could include subfolder too. both folder, the source-folder and the target-folder are on the same host. any idea is appreciated . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
7 Replies
Arch::SharedCache(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Arch::SharedCache(3pm)

NAME
Arch::SharedCache - a synchronized data structure (map) for IPC SYNOPSIS
use Arch::SharedCache; my $cache = Arch::SharedCache->new( dir => '/tmp/dir-listings', max_size => 100, expiration => 600, # 10 minutes ); sub ls_long { scalar `ls -l $_[0]` } my $user_dir = '/usr/share'; $cache->store($user_dir => ls_long($user_dir)); $cache->fetch_store(sub { ls_long($_[0]) }, qw(/tmp /bin /usr/share)); printf "Cached listing of $user_dir: %s", $cache->fetch($user_dir); $cache->delete($user_dir); # examine /tmp/dir-listings/ after running this script # see also synopsys of Arch::SharedIndex DESCRIPTION
Arch::SharedCache provides an Arch::SharedIndex implementation using a single file per value. METHODS
The following methods are available: new. Other methods are documented in Arch::SharedIndex. new options Create a new Arch::SharedCache object. options is a hash of options. dir The cache directory used to store data. Will be created if it doesn't exist. index_file Name of the index file for the cache. Defaults to "dir/.index". BUGS
Awaiting for your reports. AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman (migo@homemail.com--Perl-GPL/arch-perl--devel). Enno Cramer (uebergeek@web.de--2003/arch-perl--devel). SEE ALSO
For more information, see Arch::SharedIndex. perl v5.10.1 2005-09-17 Arch::SharedCache(3pm)