Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up static ip-adresses, Solaris 10 Post 302173039 by empty on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 11:16:53 AM
Old 03-05-2008
Setting up static ip-adresses, Solaris 10

Hello,

Iam having problems getting more then one ip to work here is my setup!

Hostname: nexus
NIC: e000g1

(example ips)
My ips 80.80.80.15 to 80.80.80.20
Defaultrouter 80.80.80.1

nameservers 80.80.80.100 and 80.80.80.200

How would i do this? Any help would be mutch appriciated! Since my english isnt native so please explain as friendly as possible Smilie

Best regards emtpy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Basic Solaris static routing

Hi All, :(:confused: I have scoured the web and can't find this anywhere. What I am trying to do is set up a static route through an available gateway on a server, and then test connectivity through TELNET. I have done this on AIX (I already had this procedure). On AIX I would use SMIT. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static IP address for solaris 10 virtual machine

Hi All I am having a solaris 10 virtual machine on vista (using vmware 7) laptop. Now i want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. Problem is that i insalled the solaris machine as dhcp. and whenever i connect to internet or reboot my system the IP address of solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris - Assign Static IP

Hi, I have cloned a SOLARIS 8 (BLADE 150) Hard Disk and have put into other system. So, now how do I configure the NIC and assign static IP for this new machine ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
8 Replies

5. Solaris

How to assign static ip address to the server having solaris 10. i.e. nge0

hi, how to assign static ip address to the server having solaris 10. assign static ip to nge0 which will sustain across reboots which will include all settings including gateway setting etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Trouble setting up a static IP on NetGear DGN1000

I have been trying to setup a static ip, however everytime I do so my internet disconnects and won't connect untill I switch back to dynamic. My router is a NetGear DGN1000 and I'm using it wired. Could anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zomigosh
0 Replies

7. Solaris

ILOM AND ALOM IP adresses

hi guys How to know ILOM and ALOM ip address. how to find the ilom alerts and alom alerts can one help out pls thanks, deepu. ---------- Post updated at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:38 AM ---------- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepaasuri
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Setting Up live FTP Server with Static IP in Red-Hat Linux 6

Hi Guys, I want to some guidance from you in setting up the Live FTP server in Redhat Linux 6 with Static IP 120.50.150.50. Now should I set my Static Public IP directly to my Linux machine? If so what whould be my sunbet mask? Is any type of natting required here? if so where would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 problem with static ip

I have installed Solaris 11.2 in VMware Player, networked in bridged mode. When Solaris uses DHCP everything is OK, I can reach internet, as well as other systems on my LAN. When I switch to static, I have connections to my LAN, but can not get to internet, the DNS resolution is somehow not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris static IP changed (non DHCP)

We have 2 solaris 10 t5240 servers with static IP addresses on nxge0 I/F which were rebooted a few days back with a known good config that has been in place for years (for /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname.nxge0, /etc/netmasks, etc) They are not using dhcp. About the same time today, both of their... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdatontodo
7 Replies
atmifmp(8)						      System Manager's Manual							atmifmp(8)

NAME
atmifmp - Configures the ATM subsystem for switching IP traffic only SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/atmifmp command arguments Arguments can appear in any order after the command. All required arguments must be specified. OPTIONS
This section is organized by the tasks you can perform with the atmifmp command. Each task subsection provides the atmifmp command syntax and the options to use to complete the tasks. Enabling IP Switching Syntax: /usr/sbin/atmifmp attach ips=num driver=name [snapvci=vci] [rxmin=vci] [rxmax=vci] [txmin=vci] [txmax=vci] Creates a point-to-point, multicast-capable virtual interface on a driver as specified in the next two arguments. If the virtual interface already exists but is not currently attached (because it was previously attached and detached), the command creates an association between the virtual interface and the specified driver. The attach command also configures the Virtual Circuit Identifier (VCI) ranges available to the IP switching module (VPI 0 is assumed). VCs used by the IP switching module are unidirectional. After the ips interface is attached, you must configure the interface using the ifconfig(8) command, specifying the source address of the host and destination address of the IP switch or another host associated with the point-to-point interface. Specifies the ips interface number to create. Specifies the ATM driver associated with the virtual interface. Specifies the VCI number that Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol (IFMP) uses as the default SNAP VCI. The default VCI is 15. This number must match the VCI number used by IFMP on the destination host or switch associated with the point-to-point interface. Specifies the smallest VCI number that can be used for receiving IP switching traffic. The default value is the driver's minimum VCI value. Specifies the largest VCI num- ber that can be used for receiving IP switching traffic. The default value is the driver's maximum VCI value. Specifies the small- est VCI number that can be used for transmitting IP switching traffic. The default value is the driver's minimum VCI value. Speci- fies the largest VCI number that can be used for transmitting IP switching traffic. The default value is the driver's maximum VCI value. Disabling IP Switching Syntax: /usr/sbin/atmifmp detach ips=num Disassociates the virtual interface, ipsnum, from the driver to which it was previously attached. Prior to detaching the interface, you must delete the ips interface's address and bring down the the ips interface using the ifconfig(8) command. Specifies the ips interface. Displaying IP Switching Configuration Syntax: atmifmp showips [ips=num] Displays the state of all ips interfaces, unless an interface is specified by the next argument. Information displayed includes the inter- face attachment state, the driver to which the interface is attached, the default SNAP VC, the interface and driver receive/transmit/mini- mum/maximum VC ranges, and IFMP and Flow configuration information. Specifies the ips interface. Displaying or Clearing IP Switching Statistics Syntax: /usr/sbin/atmifmp stats [ips=num] [clear] Displays the flow and IFMP statistics for all ips interfaces, unless an interface is specified by the next argument. Specifies the ips interface. Zeros the flow and IFMP statistics for all ips interfaces, unless an interface is specified. Statistics are displayed after they are cleared. Displaying IP Switching Flow Information Syntax: /usr/sbin/atmifmp flows [ips=num] [long] Displays flows created by the IP switching module on all interfaces, unless an interface is specified by the next argument. Information displayed for each flow includes the Flow ID, the transmit or receive VC associated with the Flow, the Flow Type, the number of packets sent or received, and VC aging information. Specifies the ips interface. Displays additional information about each flow, such as the information encoded in the Flow ID. DESCRIPTION
The atmifmp command enables and disables IP switching on a Tru64 UNIX end system that has an attached ATMworks ATM adapter. The IP switch- ing architecture is based on the Ipsilon Networks, Inc. reference model, and enables you to configure the Tru64 UNIX ATM subsystem to sup- port only IP traffic over an ATM network. The IFMP protocol associates an ATM virtual circuit with an IP data flow. RESTRICTIONS
If an ips interface is attached to a specific ATM adapter on your system, you cannot use that adapter to run ATM Forum protocols (UNI sig- naling, Classical IP, or Local Area Network Emulation (LANE)). Multiple adapters are required. SEE ALSO
Commands: atmconfig(8) Files: atm.conf(4) RFC 1953, Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol Specification for IPv4 V 1.0 RFC 1954, Transmission of Flow Labeled IPv4 on ATM Data Links, Ipsilon Version 1.0 atmifmp(8)