Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log and Mail problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Log and Mail problem Post 302173020 by RTM on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 10:34:36 AM
Old 03-05-2008
You need to post all your code. Error should be on line 45 (possibly) but there is only 19 lines of code posted.

A quick glance - I believe this is an error
mailx -s "File Transfer Failed" "abc@xyz.com" <<-EOT
Should be << EOT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail

what I have to write in a shell that every time that it arrives a new e-mail has to perform a program taking some data from the e-mail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmistero
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

E-mail problem

Is it true that you need port 110(POP3) to be open for sending email out ?? I can send email out fine but when I check my port 110 is not open. The problem I have is that I can not receive email at all or can not send email locally (between my users). Here is what I get using the netstat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail problem !!

Hi, Below a try to send an email to a local user can be seen. I can NOT send e-mail anywhere, but I receive email perfectly. <pre> isgsi01(root)10: mail aris < /home/aris/mail2send dbm map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/mail/aliases: No such file or directory </pre> ..... but the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail

Hello! I have to servers with Solaris 2.7. I mail from first to second ( mailx user@dev < letter ). But mail not arrive to second. It return by daemon with explanation: .... --- Transcript of session follows --- 550 5.1.2 user@dev... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.serv.dom: host not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colf
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail.

Hello! I have two servers with Solaris 2.7 I send mail from first to second. The first is also dns. It's known as "ns.oldb.pkb", second is "dev.pkb". Ping works successful from 1 to 2 and vice verse. But when I am trying on first server : sendmail -v user@dev.pkb < /etc/motd it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colf
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP UX mail problem

I am uxing HP UX mailx, I want to send mail with: 1) to list 2) cc list 3) sender address 4) mail body 5) subject 6) attachment I am using : (cat cc_list; cat mail_body; ux2dos file_1 | uuencode attachment.txt)|mailx -m -s "subject" -r sender@abc.com recepient@abc.com cc_list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamadak
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Problem

Hi All, I am having a problem that is very similar to the one being discussed here. I am using OS X and am trying to send mail from the OS X Terminal to my GMail account. The mail seems to go through, but gets stuck at Google's servers. I have a log file from the /var/mail directory that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielsutton
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log search and mail it if the log is updated before 24 hours from the current time

Hi , We have around 22 logs , each has different entries. I have to automate this using shell script. The ideas which am sharing is given below 1) We use only TAIL -100 <location and name of the log> Command to check the logs. 2) We want to check whether the log was updated before 24... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
13 Replies
MHPATH(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHPATH(1)

NAME
mhpath - print full pathnames of nmh messages and folders SYNOPSIS
mhpath [+folder] [msgs] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhpath expands and sorts the message list `msgs' and writes the full pathnames of the messages to the standard output separated by new- lines. If no `msgs' are specified, mhpath outputs the current mail folder's pathname instead. If the only argument is `+', your nmh "Path" is output; this can be useful in shell scripts. Contrasted with other nmh commands, a message argument to mhpath may often be intended for writing. Because of this: 1) the name "new" has been added to mhpath's list of reserved message names (the others are "first", "last", "prev", "next", "cur", and "all"). The new message is equivalent to the message after the last message in a folder (and equivalent to 1 in a folder without mes- sages). The "new" message may not be used as part of a message range. 2) Within a message list, the following designations may refer to messages that do not exist: a single numeric message name, the single message name "cur", and (obviously) the single message name "new". All other message designations must refer to at least one existing message, if the folder contains messages. 3) An empty folder is not in itself an error. A message number less than that of the smallest existing message in a folder is treated as if the message already exists. A message number greater than that of the highest existing message in a folder causes an "out of range" error message to be displayed. As part of a range designation that contains messages that do exist, message numbers less than the smallest, or greater than the highest, existing message in a folder are ignored. Examples: The current folder foo contains messages 3 5 6. Cur is 4. % mhpath /r/phyl/Mail/foo % mhpath all /r/phyl/Mail/foo/3 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/5 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/6 % mhpath 2001 mhpath: message 2001 out of range 1-6 % mhpath 1-2001 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/3 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/5 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/6 % mhpath new /r/phyl/Mail/foo/7 % mhpath last new /r/phyl/Mail/foo/6 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/7 % mhpath last-new mhpath: bad message list last-new % mhpath cur /r/phyl/Mail/foo/4 % mhpath 1-2 mhpath: no messages in range 1-2 % mhpath first:2 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/3 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/5 % mhpath 1 2 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/1 /r/phyl/Mail/foo/2 mhpath is also useful in back-quoted operations: % cd `mhpath +inbox` % echo `mhpath +` /r/phyl/Mail FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder SEE ALSO
folder(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msgs' defaults to none CONTEXT
None BUGS
Like all nmh commands, mhpath expands and sorts [msgs]. So don't expect mv `mhpath 501 500` to move 501 to 500. Quite the reverse. But mv `mhpath 501` `mhpath 500` will do the trick. Out of range message 0 is treated far more severely than large out of range message numbers. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHPATH(1)