Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SAN Connected RedHat Server
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat SAN Connected RedHat Server Post 302172672 by sallender on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 12:25:31 PM
Old 03-04-2008
Ok, I notice quite a few views, but no replies.

I know for a fact this info now. In the proc tables under the /proc/scsi/qla2300 directory there are directories for each HBA port of the two cards - 3, 4, 5, 6.

By performing cat on each subdir, I get the info that I can use to correlate with what is currently logged into my SAN Switch.

[root@thishost root]# cat /proc/scsi/qla2300/3

QLogic PCI to Fibre Channel Host Adapter for QLA2462:
Firmware version: 4.00.18, Driver version 7.07.04b6
Entry address = ffffffffa006d0c0

Request Queue = 0x6b0000, Response Queue = 0x6a0000
Request Queue count= 512, Response Queue count= 512
Total number of active commands = 0
Total number of interrupts = 35
Total number of active IP commands = 0
Total number of IOCBs (used/max) = (0/0)
Total number of queued commands = 0
Device queue depth = 0x20
Number of free request entries = 511
Number of mailbox timeouts = 0
Number of ISP aborts = 0
Number of loop resyncs = 0
Number of retries for empty slots = 0
Number of reqs in pending_q= 0, retry_q= 0, done_q= 0, scsi_retry_q= 0
Host adapter:loop state= <READY>, flags= 0x70013
Dpc flags = 0x0
MBX flags = 0x0
SRB Free Count = 4096
Link down Timeout = 030
Port down retry = 030
Login retry count = 030
Commands retried with dropped frame(s) = 0
Configured data rate: 4 Gb/sec

SCSI Device Information:
scsi-qla0-adapter-node=2000001b320507ac;
scsi-qla0-adapter-port=2100001b320507ac;

SCSI LUN Information:
(Id:Lun) * - indicates lun is not registered with the OS.

If anyone has anything else to add, help me out! thanks!

Last edited by sallender; 03-04-2008 at 01:34 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to know how many user's connected to ftp and http server

i need to write a program to know how many users are presently connected to my ftp server and http server . i need to keep a count of this and this count should be available to other different software . how to make this GLOBAL so that other softwares can access this count value (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariprasad
7 Replies

2. Solaris

2 x HBA, connected to a SAN, but no Multi path software - What happens ?

Hi there Now, Ive always support servers that used multi path software with dual cards, e.g. powerpath (emc ) / MPXIO. I got asked a question today, that if a solaris 8/9/10 host had 2 HBA cards, but no multipathing software, what would happen ?? Does the HBA card with the highest id on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a lot of Buffer I/O error on device connected to SAN

hi guys I have a server(x3650 M2) connected to a SAN...it takes a long time to boot with a lot errors like these any idea how to fix that? Suse Enterprise 10 SP3 update as soon as I disconnect the HBAs boots up normal and fast and no messages sdi:end_request: I/O error, dev sdh,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ALOM wont work when KVM connected to Sun Fire V440 server

Hi, I was asked to connect a KVM screen to a Sun Fire V440 last night so I connected it up but no joy and nothing on the KVM screen. I was told that a reboot may fix the problem so connected to the ALOM and rebooted. On the plus side, the KVM screen now works but I lost the ALOM connection. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

San Basics for Redhat

Hi All, Need few answers 1) How to check HBA Card in rhel4/5/6. 2) How to HBA is faulty? 3) How to replace an HBA ? 4) How to reconfigure an HBA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devendra.Sachde
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SAN/Solaris: luxadm shows NOT CONNECTED

Hi, I have a question regarding HBA configuration. Here are the commands' output: # cfgadm -al | grep fc c1 fc-fabric connected unconfigured unknown c2 fc connected unconfigured unknown c5 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Command see all devices connected to Sun server

Hi All, How to view all devices connected to Sun E2900. I wan to view all components attached to it. Please help Regards, NSkumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix server to Hard-drive connected on the machine

Hi, I have an external hard drive connected to my iMac. I am logged into a Linux_x86_64 server. Now, if I want to download files directly to the hard drive, is there a way to do it. Currently, I am chasing cyberduck to download content to the hard drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Redhat server is not connected via putty

i have a redhat linux 5.3 machine. i can ping that machine remotely from my laptop. but when i connect that server via putty after providing username and password there is wait for some minutes and then i get error message "server unexpectedly closed network connection" Please guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sun Ray 3 UNIX Lab not connected to Solaris 10 Server

All 30 of my students in the Linux Lab here at school have the same message showing on their screen when they try to log into the server. How can we Authenticate the Server and fix the missing specific parameters on the Solaris Server to fix this issue ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwilliams21z
6 Replies
scsi_transport(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_transport(9F)

NAME
scsi_transport - request by a SCSI target driver to start a command SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int scsi_transport(struct scsi_pkt *pkt); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
pkt Pointer to a scsi_pkt(9S) structure. DESCRIPTION
Target drivers use scsi_transport() to request the host adapter driver to transport a command to the SCSI target device specified by pkt. The target driver must obtain resources for the packet using scsi_init_pkt(9F) prior to calling this function. The packet may be initial- ized using one of the makecom(9F) functions. scsi_transport() does not wait for the SCSI command to complete. See scsi_poll(9F) for a description of polled SCSI commands. Upon completion of the SCSI command the host adapter calls the completion routine provided by the target driver in the pkt_comp member of the scsi_pkt pointed to by pkt. RETURN VALUES
scsi_transport() returns: TRAN_ACCEPT The packet was accepted by the transport layer. TRAN_BUSY The packet could not be accepted because there was already a packet in progress for this target/lun, the host adapter queue was full, or the target device queue was full. TRAN_BADPKT The DMA count in the packet exceeded the DMA engine's maximum DMA size. TRAN_FATAL_ERROR A fatal error has occurred in the transport layer. CONTEXT
scsi_transport() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using scsi_transport() if ((status = scsi_transport(rqpkt)) != TRAN_ACCEPT) { scsi_log(devp, sd_label, CE_WARN, "transport of request sense pkt fails (0x%x) ", status); } SEE ALSO
tran_start(9E), makecom(9F), scsi_init_pkt(9F), scsi_pktalloc(9F), scsi_poll(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 1995 scsi_transport(9F)