Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help with any free unix machine login password Post 302172643 by vbe on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 10:49:05 AM
Old 03-04-2008
And there are also plenty of live-CDs to choose from...(such as knoppix...)
I used a knoppix cd for months without switching off my pc (because I had not time to clean win NT and disk full.... Works fine when short of resource...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix login session and Password

Hi All, I've login to Unix using login name guest and I'm working on it, I need another session to run some script hence tried to login but password invalid it says here my question is : Since I'm in working in one session can I set the password without knowing old password? is there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

without password to login into remote machine- in the script ??

HI, I need to write a script .. when I run this script , will directly goto that remote machine without asking password.. Once it is entered, I needs to transfer some of the log files... how can I proceed ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

5. AIX

Cannot login into AIX machine. Forgot Password!

Hi, I cannot login to an AIX machine. The login mechanism was that we had disabled remote "root" logins. We have only one user that can access over SSH and that is "userabc". Probably have forgotten the password or it has expired. Is there a way to recover or login. I have the password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login to a free shell environment

I would like to practice shell scripting and need an environment - free shell account. I tried Arbornet and the freeshell.org. But both always give me error: "File operations disabled, server identity can't be verified". Any idea what I should do? thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking mirror copy of the application id and password into the new UNIX machine

I am working in Datastage Migration project. The applications has to be moved from legacy machines to the new machines. all the applications will be having their own application id and password (non expiry) created in the unix (5.3). Now the scripts and the datastage applications has to be moved... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remoute hosted UNIX/Linux Machine Free

Hi Comrades, I am interested if there is the global internet network I can find free access to the Linux or unix server to create the own account to have some practice. Thanks a lot for your advice and comments. BR, Dembi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dembi
2 Replies

9. AIX

Power Machine password

Hi, I have installed the HMC on the VMWare VM. I try to add the power machine (managed system) and asking for a password? So this is the IBM predefined password of Power Machine? In the VMWare perspective, we can login to ESX host to do some management tasks. But how about the Power machine?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
6 Replies
rt-clean-sessions(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					      rt-clean-sessions(8)

NAME
rt-clean-sessions - clean old and duplicate RT sessions SYNOPSIS
rt-clean-sessions [--debug] [--older <NUM>[H|D|M|Y]] rt-clean-sessions rt-clean-sessions --debug rt-clean-sessions --older 10D rt-clean-sessions --debug --older 1M rt-clean-sessions --older 10D --skip-user DESCRIPTION
Script cleans RT sessions from DB or dir with sessions data. Leaves in DB only one session per RT user and sessions that aren't older than specified(see options). Script is safe because data in the sessions is temporary and can be deleted. OPTIONS
older Date interval in the "<NUM>[<unit>]" format. Default unit is D(ays), H(our), M(onth) and Y(ear) are also supported. For example: "rt-clean-sessions --older 1M" would delete all sessions that are older than 1 month. skip-user By default only one session per user left in the DB, so users that have sessions on multiple computers or in different browsers will be logged out. Use this option to avoid this. debug Turn on debug output. NOTES
Functionality similar to this is implemented in html/Elements/SetupSessionCookie ; however, that does not guarantee that a session will be removed from disk and database soon after the timeout expires. This script, if run from a cron job, will ensure that the timed out sessions are actually removed from disk; the Mason component just ensures that the old sessions are not reusable before the cron job gets to them. perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-clean-sessions(8)