Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Courier IMAP to Dovecot Migration Post 302172561 by tmm on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 04:24:49 AM
Old 03-04-2008
Thanks for your reply Scine. I ran the migration script on one user's Maildir, but no luck.
Is the process for converting an IMAP user to POP3 is more then just deleting the IMAP account in the IMAP client and creating a POP3 account?
Sorry if I sound stupid.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

courier-imap auth problem

Hi, My box is freeBSD6 and I've installed courier-imap and I want to authenticate the clients against /etc/passwd file. Inside the configuration file: /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/pop3d I've not these lines : Why? AUTHMODULES="authdaemon" AUTHMODULES_ORIG="authdaemon" Nevertheless I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

2. BSD

Courier-IMAP 4.1

I will be using postfix and courier-imap version 4.1. I never configured courier-imap. What configurations files do I have to configure and how do I start courier-imap. There isn't a authdaemonrc file in the courier-imap directorry. The files that are listed are imapd imap-ssl.dist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Courier-IMAP 4.1

I am running Freebsd 6.1, Postfix 2.2, and Courier-IMAP 4.1 I can telnet to port 143 I can't connect to IMAP server using microsoft outlook or any client. The authdaemon is running and working correctly I did netstat -an | grep -i list and it shows port 143 bound to the localhost 127.0.0.1. I can... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Courier-IMAP

I am running Unbuntu Server. I have installed postfix and courie-imap. I cant seem to be able to login using imap. Login failed. I can telnet using imap. I have a valid user. Authdaemonrc is running using authpam which is the default. I am running atmail webclient. What else do I need to check? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Courier (authlib) and vacation

Hello, I want to use vacation autoreply with courier userdb Users is in "/etc/courier/userdb" I search on forum but dont find anything about (only found for local and mysql user) How to configure an user to use vacation (or other stuff) to make autoreply with userdb ? Plateform :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: safsound
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Courier-IMap

I am running postfix, courier-imap and Atmail Webmail client. I can telnet to port 143 I can send mail from the command line using the mail command to the user. When I try to login through webmail using the atmail client nothing happens. I check the the maillog and it shows the localhost address... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
DOVEADM-INSTANCE(1)						      Dovecot						       DOVEADM-INSTANCE(1)

NAME
doveadm-instance - Manage the list of running Dovecot instances SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] [-f formatter] instance list doveadm [-Dv] instance remove name | base_dir DESCRIPTION
The doveadm instance commands are used to manage the list of Dovecot instances running on the server. In most installations there is only one Dovecot instance, but in some cases is may be useful to have more (e.g. running director proxy and backend in the same server). Instances are added to the list automatically when Dovecot is started. Each instance is uniquely identified by its base_dir setting. Instances can be named by setting instance_name in each instance's dovecot.conf. When an instance is named, it can be accessed easily by giving -i instance_name command line parameter for Dovecot binaries (e.g. doveadm). OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -f formatter Specifies the formatter for formatting the output. Supported formatters are: flow prints each line with key=value pairs. pager prints each key: value pair on its own line and separates records with form feed character (^L). tab prints a table header followed by tab separated value lines. table prints a table header followed by adjusted value lines. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. ARGUMENTS
name The value of an instance's instance_name setting. base_dir The base directory of a Dovecot instance. COMMANDS
instance list doveadm instance list This command lists the seen Dovecot instances. instance remove doveadm instance remove name | base_dir This command removes the specified instance. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-16 DOVEADM-INSTANCE(1)