Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to execute script from my desktop windows xp to my HPUX server? Post 302172536 by kenshinhimura on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 03:59:32 AM
Old 03-04-2008
how to execute script from my desktop windows xp to my HPUX server?

Good day,

i would like to get some advice, how will i execute my script in hp ux servers, and how to configure rsh and rexec.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to execute a shell script from Windows

I like to start a korn job remotely, from windows. I tried REXEC and that is not what I want. Need help !!!! thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyawlin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute script on Unix/Linux from Windows

Hello ALL, Does anyone know how I can execute a script on Unix or Linux? Details: This execution needs to start from Windows and I need to pass some parameters to the script. If anyone knows how to execute, please, let me know. Please, send me an example how it is possible. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brbillyh
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

to put the unix script output on windows desktop

Hi could you pls guide a to automate that unix script output is avaialble on desktop.i can FTP and then download but i want to automate it. rgds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Assassin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

execute a script on test server from dev server

I need to execute a script from dev server which is located on Test server.I can use ftp to connect to dev server and from there how can i execute a command on test server. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Get file on our windows desktop from a ubuntu server

Hello, How can I please have a program automatically upload some files from a ubuntu server to my machine desktop that is running windows XP? I would like to be able to do that from the windows machine itself. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Transfer of zipped folder from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi all, I'm a newbie to unix. My requirement is to create an automation script which will transfer a zipped folder from my/remote desktop to an unix server. Tools lik WinSCP shouldnt be used. No manual moving. I use putty to connect to server. I couldnt find any help on this topic. Should i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherin22
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp to get a file from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi, I want to use scp to upload file to my unix server. i am using this: scp D:\testr.txt unixuser@unixhost:/path it returns an error: ssh: D: host/servname not known i am not sure how to tell path of my D drive in the command and how will command understand it has to pick from my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kohli
5 Replies
rsh(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rsh(1)

NAME
rsh - Executes the specified command at the remote host or logs into a remote host SYNOPSIS
rsh [-dn] [-l user] remote_host [command] [argument...] The remote shell command (rsh) executes command at the remote_host, or, if no command is specified, logs into remote_host. OPTIONS
Turns on socket debugging (using setsockopt()) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. Specifies that rsh is to log into the remote host as user instead of the local username. If this option is not specified, the local and remote usernames are the same. Specifies that rsh is to ignore input from STDIN. Use this option if you put rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal. If you do not use this option in this situation, rsh blocks even if no reads are posted by the remote command. DESCRIPTION
The rsh command sends standard input from the local host to the remote command and receives standard output and standard error from the remote command. If you do not specify a command, rsh executes rlogin instead. If you do not specify the -l option, the local username is used at the remote host. If -l user is entered, the specified username is used at the remote host. In either case, the remote host allows access only if at least one of the following conditions is satisfied: The local user ID is not superuser, and the name of the local host is listed as an equivalent host in the remote /etc/hosts.equiv file. If either the local user ID is superuser or the check of /etc/hosts.equiv fails, the remote user's home directory must contain a $HOME/.rhosts file that lists the local host and username. For security reasons, any $HOME/.rhosts file must be owned by either the remote user or the root user, and should have permissions set to 600 (read and write by owner only). In addition to the preceding conditions, rsh also allows access to the remote host if the remote user account does not have a password defined. However, for security reasons, use of a password on all user accounts is recommended. While the remote command is executing, pressing the Interrupt, Terminate, or Quit key sequences sends the corresponding signal to the remote process. However, pressing the Stop key sequence stops only the local process. Normally, when the remote command terminates, the local rsh process terminates. To have shell metacharacters interpreted on the remote host, place the metacharacters inside (double quotes). Otherwise, the metacharac- ters are interpreted by the local shell. RESTRICTIONS
The rsh command is confused by output generated by commands in a file on the remote host. In particular, the messages, where are you? and stty: Can't assign requested address can result if output is generated by the startup file. EXAMPLES
In the following examples, the local host host1 is listed in the /etc/hosts.equiv file at the remote host host2. To check the amount of free disk space on the remote host host2, enter: $ rsh host2 df To append a remote file to another file on the remote host, place the >> metacharacters in (double quotes): $ rsh host2 cat test1 ">>" test2 To append a remote file at the remote host to a local file, omit the double quotes: $ rsh host2 cat test2 >> test3 To append a remote file to a local file and use a remote user's permissions at the remote host, use the -l option: $ rsh host2 -l jane cat test4 >> test5 FILES
Specifies remote hosts from which users can execute commands on the local host (provided these users have an account on the local host). Specifies remote users that can use a local user account. SEE ALSO
Commands: rcp(1), rlogin(1), rshd(8), telnet(1) Functions: rexec(3) Files: rhosts(4) rsh(1)