Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Enabling a script to run in multiple paths Post 302172497 by dowell on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 12:46:40 AM
Old 03-04-2008
Thanx for the help but am a bit new in unix. Where do i find
that file for the user profiles that i need to edit the PATH variable.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Multiple Paths to SAN with LVM in Linux?

I'm setting up a CentOS 5 server that will be connected to an HP EVA4000. My previous experience is with an HP VA7400 and HP-UX. In HP-UX I can add "alternate paths" to a volume group in order to have redundant paths to the SAN via dual fiber channel HBAs just by either adding them with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find multiple paths

How do i find files in more than one directory? I searched through forums, but could not land into the right thread. I tried something like find dir1|dir2 -name file1 but it doesn't work. Please suggest. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run php script on multiple website domains

Good Day, I have multiple websites on a domain. I am looking for a loop structure that can run each site script. egdomain1/test.php domainx/test.php so on, currently I copy and paste a list of commands but that skips certain commands. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Sergio (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SergioP
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace directory paths in multiple files at once

I need to update about 2400 files in a directory subtree, with a new directory path inside the files I need to change this occurence in all files: /d2/R12AB/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2 with this: /u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/10.1.3 I know how to change single words using "find . -type f -print0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wicus
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple file paths in a variable

I am working on a script for Mac OS X that, among many other things, gets a list of all the installed Applications. I am pulling the list from the system_profiler command and formatting it using grep and awk. The problem is that I want to be able to use each result individually later in the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cranfordio
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on multiple files

I have a script that I need to run on one file at a time. Unfortunately using for i in F* or cat F* is not possible. When I run the script using that, it jumbles the files and they are out of order. Here is the script: gawk '{count++; keyword = $1} END { for (k in count) {if (count == 2)... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget from multiple paths

if I have these wildcards to download from: path1/*.txt path2/*.txt path3/*.txt path4/*.txt path5/*.txt under a link such as this: http://abc .com/]abc.com Can wget be written in such a way to extract only those files and create the corresponding paths under a target folder? So the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run script on multiple files

Hi Guys, I've been having a look around to try and understand how i can do the below however havent come across anything that will work. Basically I have a parser script that I need to run across all files in a certain directory, I can do this one my by one on comand line however I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies
AA-GENPROF(8)							     AppArmor							     AA-GENPROF(8)

NAME
aa-genprof - profile generation utility for AppArmor SYNOPSIS
aa-genprof <executable> [-d /path/to/profiles] OPTIONS
-d --dir /path/to/profiles Specifies where to look for the AppArmor security profile set. Defaults to /etc/apparmor.d. DESCRIPTION
When running aa-genprof, you must specify a program to profile. If the specified program is not a fully-qualified path, aa-genprof will search $PATH in order to find the program. If a profile does not exist for the program, aa-genprof will create one using aa-autodep(1). Genprof will then: - set the profile to complain mode - write a mark to the system log - instruct the user to start the application to be profiled in another window and exercise its functionality It then presents the user with two options, (S)can system log for entries to add to profile and (F)inish. If the user selects (S)can or hits return, aa-genprof will parse the complain mode logs and iterate through generated violations using aa-logprof(1). After the user finishes selecting profile entries based on violations that were detected during the program execution, aa-genprof will reload the updated profiles in complain mode and again prompt the user for (S)can and (D)one. This cycle can then be repeated as necessary until all application functionality has been exercised without generating access violations. When the user eventually hits (F)inish, aa-genprof will set the main profile, and any other profiles that were generated, into enforce mode and exit. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), logprof.conf(5), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-GENPROF(8)