Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris formula to get the swap space on a machine Post 302172366 by sastrypmr on Monday 3rd of March 2008 02:15:10 PM
Old 03-03-2008
Hi,

According to u that is swap -s

exactly to see the swap size of the virtual meomry

thanx
sastrySmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SWAP SPACE

All, I am using SOLARIS 7. I have formated my hard drive to consist of only 150MB of swap space. This isn't enough considering I am running Oracle. How do I create additional swap space? Please list sources or commands. PS mkswap doesn't work on my machine. ( I have swap and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pageing space vs swap space

Hello, I would like to know if there is any difference between the pageing space and the swap space. Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VeroL
1 Replies

3. AIX

swap space / paging space

how do you get the paging space reduced without rebooting the machine ? the os is aix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap space used???

Plz I need to know how much swap mem free and used i have. I'm using Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (rev 1885) Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lestat
1 Replies

5. Linux

swap space

Hi, I want to know how can i free the swap space if it is completely full, 0 mb remaining, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Mirrored root and swap HP9000 machine

How do I check if the root and swap are mirrored on my HP9000 machine? Thank you, N. (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: NicoMan
33 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap Space

Could someone please explain how you know how much swap space you have on your system. See below: # swap -s total: 8225048k bytes allocated + 4863488k reserved = 13088536k used, 4008032k available # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c3t0d0s1 32,25 16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

8. Linux

How to reclaim the space which i used to increse the swap space on Xen,

Hi, i have done a blunder here, i increased the swap space on Xen5.6 server machine using below steps :- 1056 dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/myswapfile bs=1M count=1024 1057 ls -l /root/myswapfile 1058 chmod 600 /root/myswapfile 1059 mkswap /root/myswapfile 1060 swapon /root/myswapfile ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apm
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Swap space not getting used

CENT OS 5.8 server running with a huge java application which uses up all my ram (4GB) and requires excess of atleast 2GB.But the swap is not getting used up((8GB) of swap space left unused) leading a wierd error and stopping application to stop working. Any one here dealt with the same kind of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SWAP command not working on Linux machine

Hi I am working on linux machine and swap command is not working Linux Machine On Solaris machine it is working fine: uname -a SunOS rgsm01 5.9 Generic_118558-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 swap -s total: 6596320k bytes allocated + 1035968k reserved = 7632288k used, 38893408k available ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Basant Mishra
5 Replies
Glib::Flags(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Glib::Flags(3)

NAME
Glib::Flags DESCRIPTION
Glib maps flag and enum values to the nicknames strings provided by the underlying C libraries. Representing flags this way in Perl is an interesting problem, which Glib solves by using some cool overloaded operators. The functions described here actually do the work of those overloaded operators. See the description of the flags operators in the "This Is Now That" section of Glib for more info. HIERARCHY
Glib::Flags METHODS
scalar = $class->new ($a) o $a (scalar) Create a new flags object with given bits. This is for use from a subclass, it's not possible to create a "Glib::Flags" object as such. For example, my $f1 = Glib::ParamFlags->new ('readable'); my $f2 = Glib::ParamFlags->new (['readable','writable']); An object like this can then be used with the overloaded operators. scalar = $a->all ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) ref = $a->as_arrayref integer = $a->bool ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) integer = $a->eq ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) integer = $a->ge ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) scalar = $a->intersect ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) integer = $a->ne ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) scalar = $a->sub ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) scalar = $a->union ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) scalar = $a->xor ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) SEE ALSO
Glib COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2009 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Glib for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Glib::Flags(3)