Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDOM vrs Container
Operating Systems Solaris LDOM vrs Container Post 302172333 by jimthompson on Monday 3rd of March 2008 11:47:18 AM
Old 03-03-2008
LDOM vrs Container

Does anyone know the difference between a Logical Domain and a Container ?

Both seem to be virtualisation technologies from Sun.

Also I know a Domain can have containers within it but I don't see the point

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap vrs Paging

Can anyone explain the difference between Paging and Swap in unix. I know over the years that the term has almost become interchangable. However I have noticed in VMSTAT for a Solaris system that I am investigating that there is significant Paging but no Swapping and hence I am wondering do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 Container Error

Log File: /var/tmp/server1.install.18730.log Source: /vmpool/tmp/server1.flar Installing: This may take several minutes... Postprocessing: This may take several minutes... Postprocess: ERROR: p2v module S40_setup_preload failed: 0 Postprocess: ERROR: Postprocessing failed. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cornsnap
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 6 container support

Is solaris 6 container support available ? Say, If I have a machine with Solaris 10 operating system.. Can i install Solaris 6 container on this machine, so that the machine will have Solaris 6 virtual environment... Does sun support Solaris 6 container ? Any ideas over this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris zones vs container..

kindly share what are difference b/w solaris zones and containers.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mdadm container! How does it work

Hi everyone, I am not sure if I understand how mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=container works? A device called /dev/md0 appears in /proc/mdstat but I am not sure how to use that device? I have 2 blank drives with 1 500GB partition on each. I would like to setup mirroring, but not in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytron
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Container

Hi, Can any one let me know in detail what is container and how it is different from zones. and also any process to create a container (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ping a container LXC

Hello, Please, I try to do ping 10.0.3.8 (ip of LXC container) from VMB but it didn't work ! Have you an idea please ? Here is an explanation of what I want do: (red arrow) http://imgur.com/2IzJvXO imgur: the simple image sharer Thanks a lot. Best Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies
HTML::Widget::Container(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      HTML::Widget::Container(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Widget::Container - Container SYNOPSIS
my $container = $form->element('foo'); my $field = $container->field; my $error = $container->error; my $label = $container->label; my $field_xml = $container->field_xml; my $error_xml = $container->error_xml; my $javascript_xml = $container->javascript_xml; my $xml = $container->as_xml; # $xml eq "$container" my $javascript = $container->javascript; DESCRIPTION
Container. METHODS
as_xml Return Value: $xml _build_element Arguments: $element Return Value: @elements Convert $element to HTML::Element object. Accepts arrayref. If you wish to change the rendering behaviour of HTML::Widget; specifically, the handling of elements which are array-refs, you can specify "container_class" in HTML::Widget::Element to a custom class which just overrides this function. build_single_element Arguments: $element Return Value: $element Convert $element to HTML::Element object. Called by "_build_element". If you wish to change the rendering behaviour of HTML::Widget; specifically, the handling of an individual element, you can override this function. build_element_error Arguments: $element Return Value: $element Called by "build_single_element". If you wish to change how an error is rendered, override this function. build_element_label Arguments: $element, $class Return Value: $element Called by "build_single_element". If you wish to change how an element's label is rendered, override this function. The $class argument is the original class of the element, before "build_element_error" was called. as_list Return Value: @elements Returns a list of HTML::Element objects. element field Arguments: $element "field" is an alias for "element". element_xml field_xml Return Value: $xml "field_xml" is an alias for "element_xml". error Arguments: $error Return Value: $error error_xml Return Value: $xml javascript js Arguments: $javascript Return Value: $javascript "js" is an alias for "javascript". javascript_element Return Value: $javascript_element Returns javascript in a script HTML::Element. javascript_xml js_xml Return Value: $javascript_xml Returns javascript in a script block. "js_xml" is an alias for "javascript_xml". AUTHOR
Sebastian Riedel, "sri@oook.de" LICENSE
This library is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2007-03-01 HTML::Widget::Container(3pm)