Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDOM vrs Container
Operating Systems Solaris LDOM vrs Container Post 302172333 by jimthompson on Monday 3rd of March 2008 11:47:18 AM
Old 03-03-2008
LDOM vrs Container

Does anyone know the difference between a Logical Domain and a Container ?

Both seem to be virtualisation technologies from Sun.

Also I know a Domain can have containers within it but I don't see the point

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap vrs Paging

Can anyone explain the difference between Paging and Swap in unix. I know over the years that the term has almost become interchangable. However I have noticed in VMSTAT for a Solaris system that I am investigating that there is significant Paging but no Swapping and hence I am wondering do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 Container Error

Log File: /var/tmp/server1.install.18730.log Source: /vmpool/tmp/server1.flar Installing: This may take several minutes... Postprocessing: This may take several minutes... Postprocess: ERROR: p2v module S40_setup_preload failed: 0 Postprocess: ERROR: Postprocessing failed. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cornsnap
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 6 container support

Is solaris 6 container support available ? Say, If I have a machine with Solaris 10 operating system.. Can i install Solaris 6 container on this machine, so that the machine will have Solaris 6 virtual environment... Does sun support Solaris 6 container ? Any ideas over this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris zones vs container..

kindly share what are difference b/w solaris zones and containers.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mdadm container! How does it work

Hi everyone, I am not sure if I understand how mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=container works? A device called /dev/md0 appears in /proc/mdstat but I am not sure how to use that device? I have 2 blank drives with 1 500GB partition on each. I would like to setup mirroring, but not in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytron
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Container

Hi, Can any one let me know in detail what is container and how it is different from zones. and also any process to create a container (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ping a container LXC

Hello, Please, I try to do ping 10.0.3.8 (ip of LXC container) from VMB but it didn't work ! Have you an idea please ? Here is an explanation of what I want do: (red arrow) http://imgur.com/2IzJvXO imgur: the simple image sharer Thanks a lot. Best Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_LXC(7)						OCF resource agents					      OCF_HEARTBEAT_LXC(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_lxc - Manages LXC containers SYNOPSIS
lxc [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Allows LXC containers to be managed by the cluster. If the container is running "init" it will also perform an orderly shutdown. It is 'assumed' that the 'init' system will do an orderly shudown if presented with a 'kill -PWR' signal. On a 'sysvinit' this would require the container to have an inittab file containing "p0::powerfail:/sbin/init 0" I have absolutly no idea how this is done with 'upstart' or 'systemd', YMMV if your container is using one of them. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
container The unique name for this 'Container Instance' e.g. 'test1'. (unique, required, string, no default) config Absolute path to the file holding the specific configuration for this container e.g. '/etc/lxc/test1/config'. (required, string, no default) log Absolute path to the container log file (optional, string, default /var/run/resource-agents/default.log) use_screen Provides the option of capturing the 'root console' from the container and showing it on a separate screen. To see the screen output run 'screen -r {container name}' The default value is set to 'false', change to 'true' to activate this option (optional, boolean, default false) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 60. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a lxc resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_lxc ocf:heartbeat:lxc params container=string config=string op monitor timeout="20" interval="60" depth="0" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/lxc_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_LXC(7)