Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators indicating when a question has been answered? Post 302172270 by craigp84 on Monday 3rd of March 2008 07:03:51 AM
Old 03-03-2008
I'm not advocating closing any threads, the answered flag should be litterally just that, a flag to suggest the thread has been answered. It should not prevent new posts -- as quite rightly pointed out, the first "answer" may be wrong! :-)

I guess i don't tend to use this as a reference site -- maybe i should do more, there's some incredibly insightful responses posted here. Typically the times i find myself learning from here are when google throws up unix.com in a result to a question i asked it :-)

When i flick through my RSS feeds occasionally, i'll see some questions that i know the answer to, and if they're not already answered, i'll pitch in and help out. I see my contributions here as a way of paying back to the "community" for all the software i use.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how gollum answered..

Dear admins, i remember, my first thread, it is regarding unix systems and i asked some suggestions... and i like to know how gollum answered for that thread?.. and is gollum is a program?.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SAM closed unexpectedlly, "indicating error in every applications"

Incidentally closed the shell that I open the SAM, suddenly SAM closed unexpectedlly. As a result SAM is reporting error messages in every application that is being opened. Captured error message unexpected exit: process /usr/sam/lbin/samx/ -C -p 1358 -s br_sa_bdevs /usr/sam/lib///br.ui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: real-chess
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Request to close a thread that has been answered

Good Afternoon, The following post "how-get-program-name-produced-io-error-redirected-log-nohup-command" is already answered. You can go ahead and close it. Thanks for your help. Best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)