Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c Post 302172240 by Anne Grace on Monday 3rd of March 2008 04:22:14 AM
Old 03-03-2008
how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet.

c1 c2 c3
EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc;

All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code.

1.How to read an excel file
2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validating XSL sheet data in Unix Data file

Dear All, Need your help. In my day to day activities I have to validate/search Excel Sheet data (eg.say Application No. 0066782345) data into the Unix environment file whether the same data is present in that file or not. There are hundreds of records coming in excel file and I am doing grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravijunghare
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter data in Excel sheet using Shell Script

Hi, I have an excel sheet which has 100000 records. All these records are having 3 columns each with the last column as "Y" or "N". I would like to filter those records which has the value "Y". Can you please let me know how to proceed with that? Thanks in advance. -Sri ----------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhanusri83
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel-Sheet (with data from Oracle)

Hi HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel sheet (with data from Oracle). At the moment I am making CSV files (using SQL statemens with || ';'), but search for more advanced formatting. Don't wish to use Perl. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : not capturing all the data from excel sheet

Hi folks, I am working on assignment that captures all the records(2 columns one column contains names and other contain date of birth) from excel sheet stored in a directory and checks for current date and month. If it matches current date and month then the matched records are printed as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

5. Programming

converting data from excel sheet to oracle using toad

guys i have data in excel sheet , how do i convert that data to database table (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Data from CSV file to Excel Sheet using Perl

Hi All, Firstly I will like to wish A Happy New Year to all. Now my issue is I have one csv file say(data.csv) and one excel file say(result.xls) The result.xls contains two sheet name Sheet1 and Sheet2, Now What I am trying to do is to First I want to delete that data of Sheet2 if present any,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load UNIX data into excel sheet

Hi, i have some data in a temporary file in Unix (the data is taken from the result of an SQL query). Now i want to dump that data into an excel sheet. How to do that. Someone please advise. Thanks Regards, Vinit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX data to be updated to ms excel sheet

hi, i wanted to add unix data to be updated to the excel sheet. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupesh.bombale
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save log data in excel sheet

Hello, I have the following data format in a log file : a : x1 b : x2 c : x3 d : x4 -------- a : x5 b : x6 c : x7 d : x8 so the same fields ( a ,b ,c,d) repeated many times in the same log file but with different "x" values (x5,x6,x7,x8). I need a script to save this data in an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing up the data from different excel sheet into one excel sheet

Hi Folks, Can you please advise for any script in unix such that for example , i have 3 different excel sheet at the location /ppt/gfr/exc so the name s of the excel sheet are 1excel.xslx 2excel.xslx 3excel.xslx now in these 3 different excel sheet there is lot of data for example each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies
Template::Plugin::Table(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Template::Plugin::Table(3)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Table - Plugin to present data in a table SYNOPSIS
[% USE table(list, rows=n, cols=n, overlap=n, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item IN table.row(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH item IN table.col(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH row IN table.rows %] [% FOREACH item IN row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] [% FOREACH col IN table.cols %] [% col.first %] - [% col.last %] ([% col.size %] entries) [% END %] DESCRIPTION
The "Table" plugin allows you to format a list of data items into a virtual table. When you create a "Table" plugin via the "USE" directive, simply pass a list reference as the first parameter and then specify a fixed number of rows or columns. [% USE Table(list, rows=5) %] [% USE table(list, cols=5) %] The "Table" plugin name can also be specified in lower case as shown in the second example above. You can also specify an alternative variable name for the plugin as per regular Template Toolkit syntax. [% USE mydata = table(list, rows=5) %] The plugin then presents a table based view on the data set. The data isn't actually reorganised in any way but is available via the "row()", "col()", "rows()" and "cols()" as if formatted into a simple two dimensional table of "n" rows x "n" columns. So if we had a sample "alphabet" list contained the letters '"a"' to '"z"', the above "USE" directives would create plugins that represented the following views of the alphabet. [% USE table(alphabet, ... %] rows=5 cols=5 a f k p u z a g m s y b g l q v b h n t z c h m r w c i o u d i n s x d j p v e j o t y e k q w f l r x We can request a particular row or column using the "row()" and "col()" methods. [% USE table(alphabet, rows=5) %] [% FOREACH item = table.row(0) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ a f k p u z ] in turn [% END %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(2) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ m n o p q r ] in turn [% END %] Data in rows is returned from left to right, columns from top to bottom. The first row/column is 0. By default, rows or columns that contain empty values will be padded with the undefined value to fill it to the same size as all other rows or columns. For example, the last row (row 4) in the first example would contain the values "[ e j o t y undef ]". The Template Toolkit will safely accept these undefined values and print a empty string. You can also use the IF directive to test if the value is set. [% FOREACH item = table.row(4) %] [% IF item %] Item: [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] You can explicitly disable the "pad" option when creating the plugin to returned shortened rows/columns where the data is empty. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(4) %] # [% item %] set to each of 'y z' [% END %] The "rows()" method returns all rows/columns in the table as a reference to a list of rows (themselves list references). The "row()" methods when called without any arguments calls "rows()" to return all rows in the table. Ditto for "cols()" and "col()". [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% FOREACH item = row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] The Template Toolkit provides the "first", "last" and "size" virtual methods that can be called on list references to return the first/last entry or the number of entries in a list. The following example shows how we might use this to provide an alphabetical index split into 3 even parts. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=3, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH group = table.col %] [ [% group.first %] - [% group.last %] ([% group.size %] letters) ] [% END %] This produces the following output: [ a - i (9 letters) ] [ j - r (9 letters) ] [ s - z (8 letters) ] We can also use the general purpose "join" virtual method which joins the items of the list using the connecting string specified. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% row.join(' - ') %] [% END %] Data in the table is ordered downwards rather than across but can easily be transformed on output. For example, to format our data in 5 columns with data ordered across rather than down, we specify "rows=5" to order the data as such: a f . . b g . c h d i e j and then iterate down through each column (a-e, f-j, etc.) printing the data across. a b c d e f g h i j . . . Example code to do so would be much like the following: [% USE table(alphabet, rows=3) %] [% FOREACH cols = table.cols %] [% FOREACH item = cols %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] Output: a b c d e f g h i j . . . In addition to a list reference, the "Table" plugin constructor may be passed a reference to a Template::Iterator object or subclass thereof. The Template::Iterator get_all() method is first called on the iterator to return all remaining items. These are then available via the usual Table interface. [% USE DBI(dsn,user,pass) -%] # query() returns an iterator [% results = DBI.query('SELECT * FROM alphabet ORDER BY letter') %] # pass into Table plugin [% USE table(results, rows=8 overlap=1 pad=0) -%] [% FOREACH row = table.cols -%] [% row.first.letter %] - [% row.last.letter %]: [% row.join(', ') %] [% END %] AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin perl v5.12.1 2009-05-20 Template::Plugin::Table(3)