Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators indicating when a question has been answered? Post 302172133 by joeyg on Sunday 2nd of March 2008 04:54:46 PM
Old 03-02-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver I really like this idea

In fact, perhaps have a few methods of 'close'
(a) by the person who wrote initial request
(b) by someone on the board who believes resolved
(c) by Site Admins who want to mark as resolved

This would go a long way towards allowing better q&a. I post questions occasionally, and truly appreciate the response help back. In return, I try to answer questions still in need of assistance. However, my first 'rule' of if there are multiple responses, the question must be satisfied is only a guess - could be there there has been a lot of email clarification and trial & error.

Thoughts?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how gollum answered..

Dear admins, i remember, my first thread, it is regarding unix systems and i asked some suggestions... and i like to know how gollum answered for that thread?.. and is gollum is a program?.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SAM closed unexpectedlly, "indicating error in every applications"

Incidentally closed the shell that I open the SAM, suddenly SAM closed unexpectedlly. As a result SAM is reporting error messages in every application that is being opened. Captured error message unexpected exit: process /usr/sam/lbin/samx/ -C -p 1358 -s br_sa_bdevs /usr/sam/lib///br.ui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: real-chess
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Request to close a thread that has been answered

Good Afternoon, The following post "how-get-program-name-produced-io-error-redirected-log-nohup-command" is already answered. You can go ahead and close it. Thanks for your help. Best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.8.0 2002-10-12 Net::DNS::Question(3)