Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions Post 302171762 by vbe on Friday 29th of February 2008 11:45:58 AM
Old 02-29-2008
Well, 4 possibilities:
1) He owns the directory and you chmod 755 on it
2) He doesnt, and you create a subdirectoy he owns and can do what he likes with it
3) Install and use sudo
4) Get rbac and use it...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

5. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
Ns_Master(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				     Ns_Master(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_MasterLock, Ns_MasterUnlock - Enter and leave the single master critical section lock SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" void Ns_MasterLock(void) void Ns_MasterUnlock(void) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The single master critical section lock is used throughout the core server to protect portions of code from being run by more than one thread at a time. These are convenience functions which actually make calls to Ns_CsEnter and Ns_CsLeave to perform the locking and unlock- ing function. You should not use these functions in your modules. To protect critical sections in your modules you should create and initialize your own named locks, then wrap your critical sections with calls to Ns_CsEnter and Ns_CsLeave. Ns_MasterLock() Enter the single master lock. The thread that holds this lock is guaranteed exclusive access to the section of code that follows the call to Ns_MasterLock. Other threads that attempt to enter the master critical section while another thread owns the master lock will block until the owning thread releases the master lock. Be extremely careful with code you place within the master critical section. If the thread that owns the master lock blocks for any reason while in the master critical section, other threads that need to enter that section of code will block until the master lock is released. Ns_MasterUnlock() Leave the single master critical section. The thread that owns the lock must release it after the critical section of code has com- pleted so that other threads may execute the critical section code. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n), Ns_CsEnter(3), Ns_CsLeave(3) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Master(3aolserver)