Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users whats command for search including sub directory ? Post 302171756 by gksenthilkumar on Friday 29th of February 2008 11:22:26 AM
Old 02-29-2008
whats command for search including sub directory ?

What is the command for search the program name from the entire directory (all directories in the unix box, means including sub directories...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Whats the command to see

What fonts are installed on a Solaris 8? I have no GUI so a command line command would be great. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find directory not including current

Using Solaris 8, I've forgotten how to exclude the current directory in the find results. find . -type d ! -name "*.CAP" I want every directory that does not match the *.CAP pattern, except the current directory. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search in a directory using grep command

Hi, I want to search files/directories in /temp directory which starts with letter 'a'. How can I do that using grep command. I can find out like ls -ltr a* but I want to use grep command like ls -ltr | grep ..... like that. Please help. Malay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix find command to print directory and search string

Hi i need to print pathname in which the string present using 'find' command sample output like this Pathname String to be searched ---------- -------------------- /usr/test/myfile get /opt/test/somefile get Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princein
4 Replies

5. Linux

Whats for: /etc/locks directory?

Hi there! Can someone please tell me what is for the directory /etc/locks and provide me with an example. I certainly don't understand it very well. Any help will be much appreciated! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
1 Replies

6. AIX

how to find whats filling up Root Directory

Hi guys I am running AIX 5.3 and a newbie to it. And I am getting reports telling me that the Root Directory is reaching almost max capacity, can someone give m some advice to find out what files are causing it to grow? , or how I can identify the growing files? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanbsc@gmail.c
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern and Print including Lines in between

Gurus, I have a big file that needs to be sorted out and I cant figure out what to do. The file name is as below: Name: xxxx yyyy nnnn Description: dfffgs sdgsgsf hsfhhs afgghhjdgj fjklllll gsfhfh Updated: jafgadsgg gsg Corrected: date today The file consists of line like these. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file and zip without including directory path

Does anyone know of a way to zip the resulting file from a find command? My approach below finds the file and zips the entire directory path, which is not what I need. After scanning the web, it seems to be much easier to perform gzip, but unfortunately the approach must use zip. find `$DIR`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koeji
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search files in a directory excluding subdirectories

Hi Forum, I am using the below command to find files older than x days in a directory excluding subdirectories. From the previous forums I got to know that prune command helps us not to descend in subdirectories. Though I am using it here, not getting the desired result. cd $dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies
SOELIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SOELIM(1)

NAME
soelim - interpret .so requests in groff input SYNOPSIS
soelim [ -Cv ] [ -Idir ] [ files... ] It is possible to have whitespace between the -I command line option and its parameter. DESCRIPTION
soelim reads files and replaces lines of the form .so file by the contents of file. It is useful if files included with so need to be preprocessed. Normally, soelim should be invoked with the -s option of groff. Note that there must be no whitespace between the leading dot and the two characters `s' and `o'. Otherwise, only groff interprets the .so request (and soelim ignores it). OPTIONS
-C Recognize .so even when followed by a character other than space or newline. -Idir This option may be used to specify a directory to search for files (both those on the command line and those named in .so lines). The current directory is always searched first. This option may be specified more than once, the directories will be searched in the order specified. No directory search is performed for files specified using an absolute path. -v Print the version number. SEE ALSO
groff(1) Groff Version 1.18.1 27 June 2001 SOELIM(1)