Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating a csv file in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting creating a csv file in awk Post 302171731 by Segwar on Friday 29th of February 2008 09:43:35 AM
Old 02-29-2008
creating a CSV in awk

Thanks ...
appreciate your prompt response

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a csv file based on Existing file

Hi I am Newbie to Unix.Appreciate Help from forum user would loada b.Csv File(Below example) in /data/m/ directory.Program need to read the b.csc to extract certain column and create a new file /data/d/ directory as csv file with new name. User File Format 1232,samshouston,12345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywayterrace
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating multiple worksheets in CSV file

Hello, I've been tasked with sending 3 types of data (file size, row count, and file name) to a csv file every month for various vendors. I have been asked to put this in one csv or xls file with each vendor being a different tab (or worksheet). Until now, we have been finding and emailing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a CSV file for past 7 days

I have a requirement which will select the files with a specific naming convention which got created in past 7 days in a specific directory.Lets say the directory is /data/XYZ and the file names follow the below nomenclature like Daily_File*.txt I just need to create one CSV file which will... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a report from csv file.

Hi Gurus, I need your help in transforming the CSV file into some what a report format. My source file looks like below Date,ProdID,TimeID,LevelID 2010-08-31,200,M,1 2010-08-31,201,Q,2 2010-08-31,202,Y,1 2010-08-31,203,M,5 Output required is ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem creating file with awk

Hello, I don't understand why the script below doesn't act the way it should : #!/bin/sh awk 'BEGIN{printf("Entrez la date : "); getline date < "-"} $0 ~ date {f=1;print;next} /^{2}\//{f=0} f' Planning.csv > planning.txt It doesn't create file planning.txt with only the result of... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: freyr
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a csv file from this 1 liner?

I'm trying to create a csv file by running awk and sed on a number of xml files in a directory; I'm using this below: hostname; grep "BuildDate" /dir/ABCD/configuration/*/*.xml | awk -F"/" '{ print $5 }' > /tmp/tempfile.txt; grep "BuildDate" /dir/ABCD/configuration/*/*.xml | awk -F\" '{ print $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in creating CSV file

Hi guys, I am not experienced with Unix, so please dont mind if the question seem to be irrelevant. I have written a simple script, that connects DB & fetches few records from a table. I wanted to get those details as file in .CSV format via mail. -I stored the query o/p in a file. -I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitburnwal88
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a csv file and creating a flat file

hi i have written a script for reading a csv file and creating a flat file, suggest if this script can be optimized #---------------- FILENAME="$1" SCRIPT=$(basename $0) #-----------------------------------------// function usage { echo "\nUSAGE: $THIS_SCRIPT file_to_process\n"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprakasheee
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a csv file with header in UNIX

I have a flat file that contains dynamic list of variables like a=1 b=2 c=3 . .. z=26 I need to convert the above into a csv file having the format below: a,b,c,..,z 1,2,3,..,26 Please note, I do not want a comma separating the last variable. I tried to refer the post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating your own Header file in awk

whether it is possible in awk to create your own header file like in C if so someone give me awk equivalent for below one $ cat foo.h int add(int a,int b) { return(a+b); } $ cat main.c #include<stdio.h> #include"foo.h" void main() { int number1=10,number2=10,number3; number3 =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies
cktime(1)							   User Commands							 cktime(1)

NAME
cktime, errtime, helptime, valtime - display a prompt; verify and return a time of day SYNOPSIS
cktime [-Q] [-W width] [-f format] [-d default] [-h help] [-e error] [-p prompt] [-k pid [-s signal]] /usr/sadm/bin/errtime [-W width] [-e error] [-f format] /usr/sadm/bin/helptime [-W width] [-h help] [-f format] /usr/sadm/bin/valtime [-f format] input DESCRIPTION
The cktime utility prompts a user and validates the response. It defines, among other things, a prompt message whose response should be a time, text for help and error messages, and a default value (which is returned if the user responds with a RETURN). The user response must match the defined format for the time of day. All messages are limited in length to 70 characters and are formatted automatically. Any white space used in the definition (including NEW- LINE) is stripped. The -W option cancels the automatic formatting. When a tilde is placed at the beginning or end of a message definition, the default text is inserted at that point, allowing both custom text and the default text to be displayed. If the prompt, help or error message is not defined, the default message (as defined under NOTES) is displayed. Three visual tool modules are linked to the cktime command. They are errtime (which formats and displays an error message), helptime (which formats and displays a help message), and valtime (which validates a response). These modules should be used in conjunction with FML objects. In this instance, the FML object defines the prompt. When format is defined in the errtime and helptime modules, the messages will describe the expected format. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d default Defines the default value as default. The default is not validated and so does not have to meet any criteria. -e error Defines the error message as error. -f format Specifies the format against which the input will be verified. Possible formats and their definitions are: %H = hour (00 - 23) %I = hour (00 - 12) %M = minute (00 - 59) %p = ante meridian or post meridian %r = time as %I:%M:%S %p %R = time as %H:%M (the default format) %S = seconds (00 - 59) %T = time as %H:%M:%S -h help Defines the help messages as help. -k pid Specifies that process ID pid is to be sent a signal if the user chooses to abort. -p prompt Defines the prompt message as prompt. -Q Specifies that quit will not be allowed as a valid response. -s signal Specifies that the process ID pid defined with the -k option is to be sent signal signal when quit is chosen. If no signal is specified, SIGTERM is used. -W width Specifies that prompt, help and error messages will be formatted to a line length of width. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: input Input to be verified against format criteria. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful execution. 1 EOF on input, or negative width on -W option, or usage error . 3 User termination (quit) . 4 Garbled format argument. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
The default prompt for cktime is: Enter a time of day [?,q]: The default error message is: ERROR: Please enter the time of day. Format is <format>. The default help message is: Please enter the time of day. Format is <format>. When the quit option is chosen (and allowed), q is returned along with the return code 3. The valtime module will not produce any output. It returns 0 for success and non-zero for failure. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 cktime(1)