Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help find wget, less, unzip source code Post 302171698 by sysgate on Friday 29th of February 2008 08:07:08 AM
Old 02-29-2008
I haven't used HP-UX a lot, but as far as I know it's closed source, and you can't get the tools' source code. Search for a similar unix, who is open source, and look for the tools.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

3. AIX

how to unzip wget-latest.tar.gz

I download wget-latest.tar.gz from Index of /gnu/wget, however, it saved in my windows as wget-latest.tar.tar After I ftp it to aix server, #file wget-latest.tar.tar wget-latest.tar.tar: data or International Language text how to uzip it? ---------- Post updated at 04:13 PM ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines from wget script using find/sed

I am downloading numerous files (600 plus) using a 'wget' script. Some files are not downloading and have zero byte size. I am using the following 'find' command to find the files in my cd which have non-zero byte size after the wget script has been run. find -type f -size +0 -exec basename {}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dl226
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget to download multiple source code

Can a modified command be used to download multiple source codes from specific sites and output each into a separate output file?. All the sites are in a text file (attached): wget -qO- http://www.genedx.com/test-catalog/available-tests/edar-gene-sequencing/ | cat > output.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check wget return code

hello check this script it jump to else part, in n both cases, (if files exist or not) wget $MIRROR/kkk.zip && wget $MIRROR/jjj.zip RC="$?" if ] then echo -e "$RED Ooops, Download links are broken...! $RESET" else echo -e "$GREEN Everything is fine, Cheers ... $RESET" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
PULL-DEBIAN-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PULL-DEBIAN-SOURCE(1)

NAME
pull-debian-source - download and extract a source package from Debian SYNOPSIS
pull-debian-source [options] <source package> [release|version] DESCRIPTION
pull-debian-source downloads and extracts the specified version of source package, or the latest version in the specified Debian release. pull-debian-source will try the preferred mirror, default mirror, security mirror, and fall back to Launchpad or snapshot.debian.org, in search of the requested version. OPTIONS
source package The source package to download from Debian. release The release to download the source package from. Defaults to unstable. version The specific version of the package to download. -d, --download-only Do not extract the source package. -m DEBIAN_MIRROR, --mirror=DEBIAN_MIRROR Use the specified mirror. Should be in the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian. If the package isn't found on this mirror, pull-debian-source will fall back to the default mirror. -s DEBSEC_MIRROR, --security-mirror=DEBSEC_MIRROR Use the specified mirror. Should be in the form http://security.debian.org. If the package isn't found on this mirror, pull-debian-source will fall back to the default mirror. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. -h, --help Display the usage instructions and exit. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_DEBIAN_SOURCE_DEBIAN_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The default value for --mirror. PULL_DEBIAN_SOURCE_DEBSEC_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The default value for --security-mirror. SEE ALSO
dget(1), pull-debian-debdiff(1), pull-lp-source(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) ubuntu-dev-tools 22 January 2011 PULL-DEBIAN-SOURCE(1)