Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacing $ in variable
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replacing $ in variable Post 302171677 by sank on Friday 29th of February 2008 07:17:26 AM
Old 02-29-2008
then, you need to see how to read it into k by escaping the $. can you tell us how you are reading it from the file and assigning to k ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing pattern in variable

My String variable is holding value as - abc"def I want to replce " with \" I tried with awk : echo $var | awk '{gsub(/"/,"\"");print}' and I am getting an error, `)' is not expected. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing set of characters with a value of a variable

I need to replace anything immediately after the pattern "standard01/" in a file with the value of a variable I don't know the length of the characters stored in that variable. - that might vary. I know there is some string after the pattern "standard01/", i don't know the what the string is or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prekida
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in replacing text with the value of a variable

Input file - tmp <begin> ./00003/ ./00004/ <end> I would like to replace "." with the value of pwd so that the output will look like /dev/project/00003/ t=`pwd` sed -e "s/\./$t/g" tmp > tmp1; The above piece of code is not working. Appreciate your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotto_123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern using variable?

ip1="xxx" ip2="bbb" sed 's/$ip1/$ip2/g' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing in a variable

Hi, If I have a variable var1 ='TH 12/1234' How can I set this too in a script var1 ='TH 12~1234' Bearing in mind "/" might be in a difference place each time and that the "/" might not even exist each time the variable is set. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing line with variable

All I want to do is replace the 2nd line in a file with a variable, eg, var=xxx the file 'test' containing: aaa bbb ccc replace bbb with xxx aaa xxx ccc I had it working with sed on a redhat machine, but it doesn't work on a mac machine. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideways
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing ' ' and :'s with _'s in a variable

Hi guys In my shell script I have a variable that contains a string that contains the current time. I want to replace the spaces and colons in the value with underscores. TIME=`date` echo $TIME gives me: Thu Sep 24 16:40:53 BST 2009 I want it to show:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinaqvi90
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing date with a variable in a file

Hi, I've a variable for example.. ACTIVATION_DATE=2010-11-11 (the date above is a result of a sql query and not hardcoded) now there is another file (test_2.parm) where there are many variables predefined.. REG_CODE=111 ACT_DATE=2010-10-10 CAN_DATE=8888-31-12 Now I want to search for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to another file and replacing

Hi all, I have a script in file1 which gets input from the user say variable "TYPE". This variable is present in the other file2. I want to replace the variable in the file2 with the value given by the user and print the file. How can I achieve this task? file1 code echo "Give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a variable in a loop

input.txt I want to make 3 seprate ouputs such that toast1.txt ICH.txt ICH_SV.txt I have tried "echo" and "sed 's/k/toast1/g' to replace k, but its not quite working. Please help me out :) Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
4 Replies
HTML::Mason::Escapes(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 HTML::Mason::Escapes(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Mason::Escapes - Functions to escape text for Mason DESCRIPTION
This module contains functions for implementing Mason's substitution escaping feature. These functions may also be called directly. html_entities_escape This function takes a scalar reference and HTML-escapes it using the "HTML::Entities" module. By default, this module assumes that the string it is escaping is in ISO-8859-1 (pre Perl 5.8.0) or UTF-8 (Perl 5.8.0 onwards). If this is not the case for your data, you will want to override this escape to do the right thing for your encoding. See the section on User-defined Escapes in the Developer's Manual for more details on how to do this. url_escape This takes a scalar reference and replaces any text it contains matching "[^a-zA-Z0-9_.-]" with the URL-escaped equivalent, a percent sign (%) followed by the hexadecimal number of that character. basic_html_escape This function takes a scalar reference and HTML-escapes it, escaping the following characters: '&', '>', '<', and '"'. It is provided for those who wish to use it to replace (or supplement) the existing 'h' escape flag, via the Interpreter's "set_escape()" method. This function is provided in order to allow people to return the HTML escaping behavior in 1.0x. However, this behavior presents a potential security risk of allowing cross-site scripting attacks. HTML escaping should always be done based on the character set a page is in. Merely escaping the four characters mentioned above is not sufficient. The quick summary of why is that for some character sets, characters other than '<' may be interpreted as a "less than" sign, meaning that just filtering '<' and '>' will not stop all cross-site scripting attacks. See http://www.megasecurity.org/Info/cross-site_scripting.txt for more details. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-04 HTML::Mason::Escapes(3pm)