Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How I know "last password changed". Post 302171643 by arm_naja on Friday 29th of February 2008 05:42:11 AM
Old 02-29-2008
Thanks vbe,

man getprpw can help me.

# /usr/lbin/getprpw -l user_name

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Accidentally Changed File Ownership to Include a "Comment" [AIX]

Hi. I've had a little mishap. To cut a long story short, I've accidentally recursively ran chown on a directory (actually a bunch of 'em). Not a problem in itself, but I had a slight error in the code I used to get the list of directories and ended up with a comment in the file ownership. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Command Prompt changed to "mrbigglesworth" ?!?!

I recently installed mySQL on my macbook. I opened Terminal to run mySQL and entered "cd /usr/local/mysql/bin". My command prompt immediately changed to "mrbigglesworth:". I have no idea why that happened. When I look for the .bash_profile file, it doesn't seem to exist. I opened the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmesford
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
getprpw(1M)															       getprpw(1M)

NAME
getprpw - display protected password database SYNOPSIS
parm[,parm]] username DESCRIPTION
displays the user's protected password database settings. This command is available only to the superuser in a trusted system. Normally it is only used via SAM, see sam(1M). uses the configuration file default if is not specified. See nsswitch.conf(4). Options recognizes the following options. Specifies to get information from the local user. Displays the arguments supplied to in raw format Displays the database value for the argument passed. An "invalid-opt" is printed if a list of options passed to contains an invalid option. The rest of the options will be processed. If is specified without all parameters are displayed in the order given below. Boolean values are returned as or (for system default values in Numeric values are specified as positive numbers, 0, or -1. A value of -1 indicates that the field has not been assigned a value in the database. Units of time are returned in number of days (>=0), although the database keeps them in seconds. This and other minor differences between the command parameters and the database fields are consistent with modprpw(1M). The following parameters for the user can be displayed using the option. They are listed below in the order shown in The database fields are fully explained in prpwd(4). user uid boot authorization flag audit id audit flag minimum time between password changes maximum password length password expiration time password lifetime last successful password change time last unsuccessful password change time account expiration time last login time interval password expiration warning time whether user picks password, whether system generates pronounceable passwords, whether password is restricted, i.e, checked for triviality, NULL passwords are allowed, Not recommended! whether system generates passwords having characters only, whether system generates passwords having letters only, time of day allowed for login time of last successful login time of last unsuccessful login tty of last successful login consecutive number of unsuccessful logins so far tty of last unsuccessful login maximum unsuccessful login tries administrator lock, if on, if off, if not set. returns the reason for a lockout in a "bit" valued string, where 0 = condition not present, 1 is present. The position, left to right represents: 1 past password lifetime 2 past last login time (inactive account) 3 past absolute account lifetime 4 exceeded unsuccessful login attempts 5 password required and a null password 6 admin lock 7 password is a * RETURN VALUE
0 success 1 user not privileged 2 incorrect usage 3 cannot find the password file 4 system is not trusted EXAMPLES
Displays the database aging fields for user "someusr". The command displays: WARNINGS
This command is intended for SAM use only. It may change with each release and can not be guaranteed to be backward compatible. Several database fields interact with others. The side effects of an individual change may not cause a problem till much later. Special meanings may apply in the following cases: o an absent field o a field without a value o a field with a zero value HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
System Password file Protected Password Database System Defaults Database SEE ALSO
modprpw(1M), prpwd(4), nsswitch.conf(4). TO BE OBSOLETED getprpw(1M)