Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How I know "last password changed". Post 302171643 by arm_naja on Friday 29th of February 2008 05:42:11 AM
Old 02-29-2008
Thanks vbe,

man getprpw can help me.

# /usr/lbin/getprpw -l user_name

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Accidentally Changed File Ownership to Include a "Comment" [AIX]

Hi. I've had a little mishap. To cut a long story short, I've accidentally recursively ran chown on a directory (actually a bunch of 'em). Not a problem in itself, but I had a slight error in the code I used to get the list of directories and ended up with a comment in the file ownership. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Command Prompt changed to "mrbigglesworth" ?!?!

I recently installed mySQL on my macbook. I opened Terminal to run mySQL and entered "cd /usr/local/mysql/bin". My command prompt immediately changed to "mrbigglesworth:". I have no idea why that happened. When I look for the .bash_profile file, it doesn't seem to exist. I opened the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmesford
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
shadow(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 shadow(4)

NAME
shadow - shadow password file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file is created from the file by the command. It is readable only by a privileged user. It can be modified by the and commands. Pro- grams may use the interfaces described in the getspent(3C) manpage to access this information. These functions return a pointer to an structure, which is defined in the header file. Fields The file is an ASCII file consisting of any number of user entries separated by newlines. Each user entry line consists of the following fields separated by colons: login name Each login name must match a login name in puts the user entries in in the same order as the entries. encrypted password The password field of each entry contains an "x", and the actual encrypted passwords reside in The encrypted password field consists of 13 characters chosen from a 64-character set of "digits". The characters used to represent "digits" are for 0, for 1, through for 2 through 11, through for 12 through 37, and through for 38 through 63. If the SHA11i3 product is installed, the password field may contain the prefix , where n is a label identifying an alterna- tive algorithm used for the password hash. Using the new algorithm results in an encrypted password field which is longer than 13 characters. The password field will consist of digits from the same 64-character set, as well as the additional character used as a delimiter. If this field is null, then there is no password and no password is demanded on login. Login can be prevented by entering a character that is not a part of the set of digits (such as *). last change The number of days since January 1, 1970 that the password was last modified. min days The minimum period in days that must expire before the password can be changed. See also in security(4) and the command in passwd(1). max days The maximum number of days for which a password is valid. A user who attempts to login after his password has expired is forced to supply a new one. If min days and max days are both zero, the user is forced to change his password the next time he logs in. If min days is greater than max days, then the password cannot be changed. These restrictions do not apply to the superuser. See also in security(4) and the command in passwd(1). warn days The number of days the user is warned before his password expires. See also in security(4) and the command in passwd(1). inactivity The maximum number of days of inactivity allowed. This field is set with the option of either the or command. If this value is greater than zero, then the account is locked if there have been no logins to the account for at least the specified num- ber of days. If this value is less than or equal to zero, the value is determined by the attribute. See the description of in security(4). expiration The absolute number of days since Jan 1, 1970 after which the account is no longer valid. A value of zero in this field indicates that the account is locked. reserved The reserved field is always zero and is reserved for future use. Notes The file is not applicable to a system which has been converted to a trusted system. WARNINGS
HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. FILES
system password file shadow password file SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(1), pwconv(1M), pwunconv(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), usermod(1M), crypt(3C), getspent(3C), putspent(3C), nss- witch.conf(4), passwd(4), security(4). shadow(4)