Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help find wget, less, unzip source code Post 302171580 by goldfish on Thursday 28th of February 2008 11:45:01 PM
Old 02-29-2008
help find wget, less, unzip source code

Where can I find the source code to basic unix core utilities like less, wget, and unzip?

I'm on a HP-UX system that is missing a lot of basic tools. I Don't have admin access to the box. Google searches won't give me the source code.

I would like to install some of the missing tools, like wget, less and unzip to my home directory.

I know how to do this, but cannot find the source code to compile them from.

Where can I find the source code to these basic tools? I can find the source code to more complex programs like samba and screen, but cannot find the source code to these core utilities.

Thanks,
Gold Fish

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

3. AIX

how to unzip wget-latest.tar.gz

I download wget-latest.tar.gz from Index of /gnu/wget, however, it saved in my windows as wget-latest.tar.tar After I ftp it to aix server, #file wget-latest.tar.tar wget-latest.tar.tar: data or International Language text how to uzip it? ---------- Post updated at 04:13 PM ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines from wget script using find/sed

I am downloading numerous files (600 plus) using a 'wget' script. Some files are not downloading and have zero byte size. I am using the following 'find' command to find the files in my cd which have non-zero byte size after the wget script has been run. find -type f -size +0 -exec basename {}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dl226
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget to download multiple source code

Can a modified command be used to download multiple source codes from specific sites and output each into a separate output file?. All the sites are in a text file (attached): wget -qO- http://www.genedx.com/test-catalog/available-tests/edar-gene-sequencing/ | cat > output.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check wget return code

hello check this script it jump to else part, in n both cases, (if files exist or not) wget $MIRROR/kkk.zip && wget $MIRROR/jjj.zip RC="$?" if ] then echo -e "$RED Ooops, Download links are broken...! $RESET" else echo -e "$GREEN Everything is fine, Cheers ... $RESET" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
BCP(1)							 Boost C++ Libraries Documentation						    BCP(1)

NAME
bcp - extract subsets of Boost SYNOPSIS
bcp --list [options] module-list bcp [options] module-list output-path bcp --report [options] module-list html-file bcp --help DESCRIPTION
Copies all the files, including dependencies, found in module-list to output-path. output-path must be an existing path. With --list, prints the list of all the files in module-list, including dependencies. With --report, writes the HTML report to html-file. With --help, prints a quick usage reminder. It is useful for Boost authors who want to distribute their library separately from Boost and for Boost users who want to distribute a sub- set of Boost with their application. module-list When the --scan option is not used, a list of Boost files or library names to copy. It can be: - The name of a tool: for example "build" will find "tools/build". - The name of a library: for example "regex". - The title of a header: for example "scoped_ptr" will find "boost/scoped_ptr.hpp". - The name of a header: for example "scoped_ptr.hpp" will find "boost/scoped_ptr.hpp". - The name of a file: for example "boost/regex.hpp". When the --scan option is used, a list of (probably non-boost) files to scan for Boost dependencies, the files in the module list are not therefore copied/listed. File dependencies C++ source files are scanned for #includes, all #includes present in the Boost source tree will then be scanned for their dependencies and so on. C++ source files are associated with the name of a library, if that library has source code (and possibly build data), then include that source in the dependencies. C++ source files are checked for dependencies on Boost.Test (for example to see if they use cpp_main as an entry point). HTML files are scanned for immediate dependencies (images and style sheets, but not links). HTML report contains: - all the licenses in effect, plus the files using each license, and the copyright holders using each license - any files with no recognizable license (please report these to the Boost mailing lists) - any files with no recognizable copyright holders (please report these to the Boost mailing lists) - all the copyright holders and the files on which they hold copyright - file dependency information - indicates the reason for the inclusion of any particular file in the dependencies found OPTIONS
--boost=path sets the location of the Boost tree to path --scan treat the module list as a list of (possibly non-boost) files to scan for Boost dependencies --cvs only copy files under CVS version control --unix-lines make sure that all copied files use Unix style line endings EXAMPLES
bcp scoped_ptr /foo Copies boost/scoped_ptr.hpp and dependencies to /foo. bcp boost/regex.hpp /foo Copies boost/regex.hpp and all dependencies including the regex source code (in libs/regex/src) and build files (in libs/regex/build) to /foo. Does not copy the regex documentation, test or example code. bcp regex /foo Copies the full regex lib (in libs/regex) including dependencies (such as the Boost.Test source required by the regex test programs) to /foo. bcp regex config build /foo Copies the full regex lib (in libs/regex) plus the config lib (libs/config) and the build system (tools/build) to /foo including all the dependencies. bcp --scan --boost=/boost foo.cpp bar.cpp boost Scans the [non-boost] files foo.cpp and bar.cpp for Boost dependencies and copies those dependencies to the sub-directory boost. bcp --report regex.hpp boost-regex-report.html Creates a HTML report called boost-regex-report.html for the Boost module regex.hpp. AUTHORS
Author of bcp is John Maddock. Author of this manpage is Domenico Andreoli, who copied stuff from bcp --help and the HTML documentation. Boost C++ Libraries March 2006 BCP(1)