Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Probably an easy SMIT question- "Unable to open temp file" Post 302171500 by jeffpas on Thursday 28th of February 2008 03:21:34 PM
Old 02-28-2008
Hmmm. Very odd....
/tmp is only at 11% used.

Nothing else is beyond 60%, except /usr which is at 97%.

However, the /tmp directory, which is rwxrwxrwt, will not permit creation of files.

I cannot

touch file

in /tmp. I tried aclget on the directory, it says extended permissions are disabled. Whatever is causing this, it seems to be the trouble.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split the string "Setview: arv-temp-view"

Hi experts, I would like to split the value of v and assign "arv-temp-view" to another variable d. I want to do it within shell script. My shell is "tcsh" v="Setview: arv-temp-view" split v and store d=arv-temp-view Please help Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Probably an easy AIX-SMIT question with mkroute

Hi All, I am on a project and logging into about 100 servers one at a time. One of the steps I am performing is setting up a link with smit mkroute. I am using AIX versions 5.2 and 5.3 Does anyone know a quick command line to set DESTINATION ADDRESS, GATEWAY address, Network MASK, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

4. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 3 AWK scripts to avoid use "temp" files

Hi everyone, Looking for a suggestion to improve the below script in which I´ve been working. The thing is I have 3 separated AWK scripts that I need to apply over the inputfile, and for scripts (2) and (3) I have to use a "temp" file as their inputfile (inputfile_temp and inputfile_temp1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
CT(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     CT(4)

NAME
ct -- WD33C93[ABC] based CBUS SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
device ct device scbus In /boot/device.hints: For most PC-9801-55, -92 and compatibles: hint.ct.0.at="isa" For ELECOM bus-master SCSI adapters: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x30000" For I-O DATA SC98 adapters: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x10000" For LOGITEC adapters: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x50000" For TEXA adapters: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x20000" For adapters with SMIT transfer mode to enable SMIT transfer: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x40000" hint.ct.0.maddr="0xdc000" Flags meaning: 0x00000 DMA transfer mode for an NEC PC-9801-55, -92 (or compatibles), ICM IF-2660, Midori-Denshi MDC-554NA, or Logitec LHA-N151 0x10000 DMA transfer mode for an I-O DATA SC-98II 0x20000 bus-master transfer mode for a TEXA HA-55BS2, its successors, or Midori-Denshi MDC-926R 0x30000 bus-master transfer mode for an ELECOM bus-master SCSI adapter 0x40000 SMIT transfer mode (for supported adapters only) 0x50000 bus-master transfer mode for a Logitec LHA-20x series, ICM IF-2766, IF-2766ET, IF-2767 or IF-2769 DESCRIPTION
The ct driver provides access to the SCSI bus connected to a WD33C93[ABC] based host adapter. HARDWARE
The ct driver supports the following adapters: o ELECOM bus-master SCSI adapters o I-O DATA SC-98II o ICM IF-2660, IF-2766, IF-2766ET, IF-2767 and IF-2769 o Logitec LHA-N151 and LHA-20x series o Midori-Denshi MDC-554NA and MDC-926R o NEC PC-9801-55, 92 and compatibles o SMIT transfer type SCSI host adapters o TEXA HA-55BS2 and its later models SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), ctau(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4), scsi(4) NOTES
Historically, the driver for the Cronyx Tau WAN adapters was ``ct''. This device name was changed to ``ctau'' to avoid conflicts with this pc98 ct driver. The network device name for ctau(4) is ``ct''. Please see ctau(4) for the details for that device. HISTORY
The ct device driver has been developed for NetBSD/pc98 and ported for FreeBSD. It first appeared in FreeBSD 4.4. AUTHORS
The ct driver was written by Naofumi HONDA. This manual page was written by Noriaki MITSUNAGA <non@FreeBSD.org> and Hideyuki KURASHINA <rushani@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
November 18, 2003 BSD