Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX libstdc++.a (libstdc++.so.5) issue on AIX 5.2 Post 302171318 by grial on Thursday 28th of February 2008 06:06:03 AM
Old 02-28-2008
Try to find the lib file (find / -name 'libstdc++*'), if it already exsists, add the path to the LIBPATH variable (export LIBPATH=$LIBPATH:/path/to/lib).
Regards.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Link against a particular version of libstdc++

Our development machines have libstdc++.so.5 and libstdc++.so.6. When we build our native code, it uses libstdc++.so.6. Is there anyway I can force it to use libstdc++.so.5 instead ? $ ldd try /usr/lib/libcwait.so (0x00655000) libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

2. AIX

Issue "Error 404" when upgrade AIX 5300-05-CSP-0000 to AIX (5300-09-02-0849)

Please read my issue! My old server using: - AIX system operating (5300-05-CSP-0000) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) After I've upgraded version AIX - AIX system operating (5300-09-02-0849) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) I have 1 issue when I access home page: "Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gamonhon
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX password issue

Hi, My server is an AIX server. Whenever a new user is created through smitty, the first time he logs in, he has to change his password. But i want to disable it and to enable the password expiry to a month. (i.e) after every month, he has to change his password. Any help in this matter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

how to recover libstdc++.so.6

Hi! I'm using Ubuntu Karmic and I lost libstdc++.so.6. Is there a way to recover it?.. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to find libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Hi all, I am working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant) with kernel 2.6.9-5 and try to install one application but unable to install it. When I am trying to install it,it is throwing the following error-- To resolve it,I installed gcc 4.0.0 and when I am trying to see gcc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Packages required - Libaio.so.1 - Libstdc++so.6

hi guys I have to install a software that says have theses packages are required Libaio.so.1 Libstdc++so.6 are these default packages for a Suse 11 installation for instance? or do I need to download them to avoid dependency issues thanks a lot ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

hpux vnc 4.1.3 libstdc++

It took me a while, but I found the right libsdc++ for the current free vnc 4.1.3, deep in this: http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/gcc-3.3.2-11.00.sd.bz Merijn's HP-UX software Download Section for ITRC members is a rich source for old libraries. So if you cannot find the right depot or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
0 Replies

8. Programming

Issues with two versions of libstdC++.so

I'm facing an issue in which my program is using a custom library (say, libxyz.so) which is compiled using libstdc++.so.5 and the system I'm using this library to create an executable from my program, has libstdc++so.6 as well as libstdc++.so.5; both available under /usr/lib directory. There are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
8 Replies
lib(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  lib(3pm)

NAME
lib - manipulate @INC at compile time SYNOPSIS
use lib LIST; no lib LIST; DESCRIPTION
This is a small simple module which simplifies the manipulation of @INC at compile time. It is typically used to add extra directories to perl's search path so that later "use" or "require" statements will find modules which are not located on perl's default search path. Adding directories to @INC The parameters to "use lib" are added to the start of the perl search path. Saying use lib LIST; is almost the same as saying BEGIN { unshift(@INC, LIST) } For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture specific directory and is added to @INC in front of $dir. To avoid memory leaks, all trailing duplicate entries in @INC are removed. Deleting directories from @INC You should normally only add directories to @INC. If you need to delete directories from @INC take care to only delete those which you added yourself or which you are certain are not needed by other modules in your script. Other modules may have added directories which they need for correct operation. The "no lib" statement deletes all instances of each named directory from @INC. For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture specific directory and is also deleted from @INC. Restoring original @INC When the lib module is first loaded it records the current value of @INC in an array @lib::ORIG_INC. To restore @INC to that value you can say @INC = @lib::ORIG_INC; CAVEATS
In order to keep lib.pm small and simple, it only works with Unix filepaths. This doesn't mean it only works on Unix, but non-Unix users must first translate their file paths to Unix conventions. # VMS users wanting to put [.stuff.moo] into # their @INC would write use lib 'stuff/moo'; NOTES
In the future, this module will likely use File::Spec for determining paths, as it does now for Mac OS (where Unix-style or Mac-style paths work, and Unix-style paths are converted properly to Mac-style paths before being added to @INC). SEE ALSO
FindBin - optional module which deals with paths relative to the source file. AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, 2nd June 1995. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 lib(3pm)