Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Probably an easy SMIT question- "Unable to open temp file" Post 302171317 by bakunin on Thursday 28th of February 2008 06:04:57 AM
Old 02-28-2008
Either /tmp or any other filesystem SMIT might use: /var/tmp maybe or something such. Issue "df -k" and watch for numbers close to 100%. (Disregard /usr in this case, it is no problem if it is filled up to 95+%)

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split the string "Setview: arv-temp-view"

Hi experts, I would like to split the value of v and assign "arv-temp-view" to another variable d. I want to do it within shell script. My shell is "tcsh" v="Setview: arv-temp-view" split v and store d=arv-temp-view Please help Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Probably an easy AIX-SMIT question with mkroute

Hi All, I am on a project and logging into about 100 servers one at a time. One of the steps I am performing is setting up a link with smit mkroute. I am using AIX versions 5.2 and 5.3 Does anyone know a quick command line to set DESTINATION ADDRESS, GATEWAY address, Network MASK, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

4. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 3 AWK scripts to avoid use "temp" files

Hi everyone, Looking for a suggestion to improve the below script in which I´ve been working. The thing is I have 3 separated AWK scripts that I need to apply over the inputfile, and for scripts (2) and (3) I have to use a "temp" file as their inputfile (inputfile_temp and inputfile_temp1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
CT(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     CT(4)

NAME
ct -- WD33C93[ABC] based CBUS SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
device ct device scbus In /boot/device.hints: For most PC-9801-55, -92 and compatibles: hint.ct.0.at="isa" For ELECOM bus-master SCSI adapters: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x30000" For I-O DATA SC98 adapters: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x10000" For LOGITEC adapters: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x50000" For TEXA adapters: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x20000" For adapters with SMIT transfer mode to enable SMIT transfer: hint.ct.0.at="isa" hint.ct.0.flags="0x40000" hint.ct.0.maddr="0xdc000" Flags meaning: 0x00000 DMA transfer mode for an NEC PC-9801-55, -92 (or compatibles), ICM IF-2660, Midori-Denshi MDC-554NA, or Logitec LHA-N151 0x10000 DMA transfer mode for an I-O DATA SC-98II 0x20000 bus-master transfer mode for a TEXA HA-55BS2, its successors, or Midori-Denshi MDC-926R 0x30000 bus-master transfer mode for an ELECOM bus-master SCSI adapter 0x40000 SMIT transfer mode (for supported adapters only) 0x50000 bus-master transfer mode for a Logitec LHA-20x series, ICM IF-2766, IF-2766ET, IF-2767 or IF-2769 DESCRIPTION
The ct driver provides access to the SCSI bus connected to a WD33C93[ABC] based host adapter. HARDWARE
The ct driver supports the following adapters: o ELECOM bus-master SCSI adapters o I-O DATA SC-98II o ICM IF-2660, IF-2766, IF-2766ET, IF-2767 and IF-2769 o Logitec LHA-N151 and LHA-20x series o Midori-Denshi MDC-554NA and MDC-926R o NEC PC-9801-55, 92 and compatibles o SMIT transfer type SCSI host adapters o TEXA HA-55BS2 and its later models SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), ctau(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4), scsi(4) NOTES
Historically, the driver for the Cronyx Tau WAN adapters was ``ct''. This device name was changed to ``ctau'' to avoid conflicts with this pc98 ct driver. The network device name for ctau(4) is ``ct''. Please see ctau(4) for the details for that device. HISTORY
The ct device driver has been developed for NetBSD/pc98 and ported for FreeBSD. It first appeared in FreeBSD 4.4. AUTHORS
The ct driver was written by Naofumi HONDA. This manual page was written by Noriaki MITSUNAGA <non@FreeBSD.org> and Hideyuki KURASHINA <rushani@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
November 18, 2003 BSD