Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assigning output of command to a variable in shell Post 302171200 by manikantants on Thursday 28th of February 2008 01:28:26 AM
Old 02-28-2008
jarPath=`find /opt/lotus/notes/ -name $jarFile`
echo "the jar path $jarPath"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning output of command to a variable

Hi, I'm trying to assign the output of a command to a variable and then concat it with another string, however, it keeps overwriting the original string instead of adding on to the end of the string. Contents of test.txt --> This is a test var1="`head -n 1 test.txt`" echo $var1 (This is a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oma04
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning command output to a shell variable

I have the sql file cde.sql with the below contents: abcdefghij abcwhendefothers sdfghj when no one else when others wwhen%others exception when others Now I want to search for the strings containing when others together and ceck whether that does not occur more than once in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprattip
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning nawk output to shell variable

Hello friends, I doing the follwing script , but found problem to store it to a shell variable. #! /bin/sh for temp in `find ./dat/vector/ -name '*.file'` do echo $temp nawk -v temp=$temp 'BEGIN{ split(temp, a,"\/"); print a}' done output: ./dat/vector/drf_all_002.file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning output to a variable

I am new to unix shell scripting. I was trying to convert each lines in a file to upper case. I know how to convert the whole file. But here i have to do line by line. I am getting it in the below mentioned script #!/bin/bash #converting lower to upper in a file #tr "" "" <file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpmena
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning output of a command to variable

When I run time -p <command>, it outputs: real X.XX user X.XX sys X.XXwhere X.XX is seconds. How I can take just that first number output, the seconds of real time, and assign that to a variable? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variable from command outputs to shell

First, this is bash (3.2.17), on a Mac, 10.5.7. What I'm trying to do is look at a list of users, and check to see if each exists. If they do, do some more stuff, if they don't, drop them into an error file. So, my user list is: foo - exists bar - does not exist blah - does not exist ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: staze
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of SQL output to a variable in shell scripting

I am trying to assgn the output of the select statement to a variable, like this "VARIABLE_NAME=$ db2 "select COLUMN_NAME_1 from TABLE_NAME where COLUMN_NAME_2='VALUE_TO_CHECK'"; " but the value that is getting into VARIABLE_NAME is "COLUMN_NAME_1 ----------------- VALUE 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgmini
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning the output of a command to a variable, where there may be >1 line returned?

Hello I am using unix CLI commands for the Synergy CM software. The command basically searches for a folder ID and returns the names of the projects the folder sits in. The result is assigned to a variable: FIND_USE=`ccm folder -fu -u -f "%name"-"%version" ${FOLDER_ID}` When the command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcsh command for assigning output of awk to variable

Hi I have a text file with 2 values and I am trying to assign each value to a variable and then write those to text files. So if the textfile is data.txt with 2 values x and y I want to assign mean=x, and stdev=y and then write these out in text files alongwith the id ($id has already been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: violin
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - assigning UNIX command output to a variable

Hi, I'm writing a script that connects through ssh (using "expect") and then is supposed to find whether a process on that remote machine is running or not. Here's my code (user, host and password are obviously replaced with real values in actual script): #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oseri
3 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Installs a jar into /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_installjar [option]... [pom] [jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Installs the jar file in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. The jar is copied into the build directory. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [jar] is the path to the jar to install, usually located in the build folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -d<path> --dest-jar=<path>: Optional, the destination for the real jar. The other places where the jar appears, in the repository or in the list of links, will be symlinks to this jar. Defaults to /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar if --java-lib is used, otherwise the jar is installed in the versioned path in the Maven reposi- tory. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar See also: mh_installpom(1), mh_installsite(1) Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)