Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions gVim creates and leaves strange tilde ~ files in Windows Post 302171187 by ghbarratt on Wednesday 27th of February 2008 11:54:07 PM
Old 02-28-2008
I tried setting

set nobackup

in the startup settings file "_vimrc" (Menu > Edit > Startup Settings) but I still get the tilde files!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Flaw leaves Linux computers vulnerable

NEWS: Flaw leaves Linux computers vulnerable http://news.com.com/2100-1001-857265.html A flaw in a software-compression library used in all versions of Linux could leave the lion's share of systems based on the open-source operating system open to attack, said sources in the security... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange IP traffic behavior when using Samba and FTP (Windows/Mac to Linux)

I have set up a samba share on my Linux server. I have a gigabit switch, gigabit NICs in each machine. I have set up the /etc/samba/smb.conf to support no delay, 8192 send/receive buffers, etc. This helped the rate for Samba go from about 4MB/S to about 10MB/S, but I expect to see about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perspectx
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

gVim on Windows

Have you used gVim editor on Windows (xp)? I am talking about the GUI version of vim that you can click the icon on desktop and the gVim editor pops-up and you can create/edit files. Here's my problem: When I use vim editor on cygwin to create/edit files the file creation mask is set to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.7 Cron creates files with 600, need 644

Hi, I've searched and read, and searched and read some more; but I'm still not connecting the dots or understanding what I need to change. I have a script that creates a file. If I run it as root, the file gets created with 644 permissions like I want. That seems to make sense (at least I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 65bit
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

naming files that csplit creates

Hi, This is my first time on this forum.. I searched the previous answers, but didn't find the answer I was looking for at first glance. csplit works beautifully for me, except for one thing. My file looks like this: ad|name1|asdf...(several pages)..asdf ... ad|name2|asdf...(several... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliette salexa
8 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

gVim on windows 7 64 constantly overwrites symbolic and even hard links

I use sugarsync to sync my vimrc across computers. I keep the _vimrc file in a syncing folder and in my home folder, I have a symbolic link ~\_vimrc pointing to ~\Synced Docs\_vimrc. On my mac I have a .vimrc symbolic link pointing at the _vimrc file. On the pc side, every time I open the _vimrc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dp88
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Strange thing: arp and windows

A strange situation: i have configured a piranha lvs router(two load balancer and two real servers), the virtual ip is 192.168.3.252. Linux and windows clients are on a different subnet (192.168.3.0) and i use route route add -net 192.168.3.0/24 dev eth0on linux for /F "tokens=2 delims=:"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert creates multiple files

I want to crop an image and am using convert convert mountain.png -crop 3000x4500 +repage -format png mountain--cr.png The problem is that convert is creating 4 files mountain--cr-0.png mountain--cr-1.png mountain--cr-2.png mountain--cr-3.png The first is what I need, the other... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kangol
10 Replies