Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SYSBAKP - Create emercency boot disk Post 302171186 by kkillmore on Wednesday 27th of February 2008 11:45:36 PM
Old 02-28-2008
Bug SYSBAKP - Create emercency boot disk

Hi,

I am hoping someone can assist me please!
I need to create an emerceny boot disk after performing a SYSBAKP however I don't have a floppy drive on the server. Previously, someone created one to a CD to me however I don't know however I don't know how to do this.

Any feedback would be greatly apprecaited Smilie as I am quite unsure at the moment! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot Disk

I have made my boot disk just as the program has instructed, and when I boot from floppy with dual hard drives it locks up and say's kernal error. What am I doing wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobkat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make a boot disk

I need to know how to make a boot disk to get Solaris 7 to load on a intel machine. I have checked out Sun.Com, but did not understand how to download and convert the files to a disk. any help would be appericated thanks Bobby (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Youngadmin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Mounting disk at boot

Hi once more :p Yesterday I reinstalled Solaris OS and now I can not mount pcfs HDD SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_142901-03 i86pc i386 i86pc and what has been added in /etc/vfstab is /dev/dsk/c1t0d0p1:c - /podaci - pcfs - yes rw But as I said , my disk is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to find out boot disk

Hi, I have two disk in a machine # ioscan -funC disk Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description ================================================================== disk 0 0/2/1/0.0.0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE HP DH072ABAA6 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericbj
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Boot from Mirrored disk

So I have mirrored disk already set up from c1t0d0 to c1t1d0. Is there some special procedures that I need to do before I do and then try to boot from the mirrored disk? I am using a V490 if that helps... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_1980
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Create a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86

I’m setting up a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86. I’m used to doing it on SPARC, where you can copy the partition table using fmthard. My x86 boot disk has 2 primary partitions, a Solaris one and a diagnostic one. Is there a way to copy those 2 primary partitions to the second disk without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
6 Replies

8. AIX

Create First boot AIX 6.1

haii guys,.. How make first boot at AIX 6.1 OS. I Will all new install Aix. How the Command make first boot and step by step new installation Aix 6.1 ? have Idea :)? regard williamen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
7 Replies

9. Solaris

How to specify local boot up disk in CD boot Grub?

Hi Solaris 10 Experts, I am wondering what is the correct syntax to edit in Grub when trying to specify the local ZFS boot disk while booting up from a Solaris 10 x86 64bits DVD installation disk. In other word, I try to boot up from local disk without removing the Solaris installation disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Use 'dd' to copy boot disk to larger target disk

Hi, I'm looking to copy a boot disk on an old Solaris 8 system using dd. I'll bring the system down to single user mode and begin from there. I'm copying my source disk to a larger target disk. Do I need to do anything other than the 'dd' command below because the target disk is bigger? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies
installboot(1M)                                                                                                                    installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)